AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
OK - I admit it too. We'll just have to wait for the "Wonder Woman rear uncover art" thread. Thanks for the shots, though!

Warner's methodology for choosing which titles get TrueHD and which don't is certainly confusing. Just for the record, Justice League: The New Frontier also had a TrueHD track. My brother is a big fan of the WB DC Universe titles and I usually find them pretty enjoyable as well, so I will definitely be checking this out.

·
Registered
19,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Squid /forum/post/15559120

OK - I admit it too. We'll just have to wait for the "Wonder Woman rear uncover art" thread. Thanks for the shots, though!

Warner's methodology for choosing which titles get TrueHD and which don't is certainly confusing. Just for the record, Justice League: The New Frontier also had a TrueHD track. My brother is a big fan of the WB DC Universe titles and I usually find them pretty enjoyable as well, so I will definitely be checking this out.

Yes, I realize New Frontier also had TrueHD, but none of their other DCU animated releases since then had it, so it's really hard to understand their logic. There's really no excuse why Gotham Knight or Superman/Doomsday didn't have it- just sheer lazyness on their part I guess. Since WW is also a BD25 release, hopefully they seem to be getting the message about what the fans want, but who knows?

Oh, and if this included a pair of WW Underoos would that help?

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
An absolutely excellent movie with adult themes, it's not something you might want to sit small children down with by themselves however. This is a very well acted, well rounded story, which is to be expected as Bruce Timm is associated with it.

Featuring voice talent of:

Keri Russell

Nathan Fillion

Alfred Molina

Rosario Dawson

Virginia Madsen

Oliver Platt

Marvel really had a turd with Hulk vs, but DC delivers big time with Wonder Woman.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I admit I cheated and already saw this movie through other means but am planning to pick up the BD especially considering the disc will have a preview of the Green Lantern movie. I didn't like the past DC animated movies but I did enjoy this one, gives me hope that the Green Lantern movie will be just as good.

It's amazing how the DCAU and '90s cartoons still have better voice acting than all other cartoons these days. Hera talking to Hippolyta at the beginning struck me as the most significant down point in the movie's VA. I'm a big Keri Russell fan from her Felicity days but there were some moments I wasn't feeling it. The casting could've been better. Ares didn't sound like an Ares. Check out the two parter Wonder Woman episodes on the first season of Justice League for an example of top notch VA and casting.

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is REALLY good. I also have to second that it's quite adult. When what's his name told Hippolyta that her daughter had an amazing rack, I burst out laughing and realized this was going to be much different than past DCAU stuff. The lasso of truth leads to some interesting comments.

I wouldn't say though that its a given it would be good cause Bruce Timm was involved, I mean he was involved with Superman Dooomsday, which was BEYOND horrible, and Justice League New Frontier which was almost as bad. This was kind of a combination of Silver Age Wonder Woman and modern Wonder Woman mythos. Makes me wonder how they plan on tackling GL. Here's hoping they base it on the recent Origins stuff they did recently.

I need to pick up the BD of this myself.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutelary /forum/post/15956477

An absolutely excellent movie with adult themes, it's not something you might want to sit small children down with by themselves however.

I can't pay the asking price, $29.99.

But yeah, I will pick it up when it goes on sale next week.

Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Anyone seen any pro reviews of this title yet? I'm more interested in content reviews than disc/image/technical reviews on this.

·
Banned
1,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnpv /forum/post/15956650

I wouldn't say though that its a given it would be good cause Bruce Timm was involved, I mean he was involved with Superman Dooomsday, which was BEYOND horrible, and Justice League New Frontier which was almost as bad.

I'd say his wins outweigh his losses by a wide margin. This Wonder Woman is Justice League quality. I too am awaiting a sale or price drop. $30 is just too much and I don't want to order yet again through Amazon. I was surprised it wasn't on sale this week at the large B&M stores.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If they were going to cover adult themes, they should've gone full adult. What with the "amazing rack" and all.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutelary /forum/post/15958721

I'd say his wins outweigh his losses by a wide margin.

For me I look at their most recent stuff. While yes he has a lot of awesome stuff in the past, his most recent ventures have been just horribly bad. So maybe he's changed his way of looking at this stuff, or his workflow, so there's no guarantee. There's a saying in the animation world, You're only as good as your last shot.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have to agree with those concerned about the use of modern slang. No way the word "rack" should make in a piece liek this. And thta has nothing with me being a prude to the adultness of it all. It has everything to do with the fact that that kind of stuff is really out place given the context. I really hate it when they do that kind fo stuff to amuse the masses and get a cheap laugh.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardaway /forum/post/15966265

No way the word "rack" should make in a piece liek this. And thta has nothing with me being a prude to the adultness of it all. It has everything to do with the fact that that kind of stuff is really out place given the context.

You don't buy that term coming from a military pilot?

·
Registered
133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardaway /forum/post/15966265

I have to agree with those concerned about the use of modern slang. No way the word "rack" should make in a piece liek this. And thta has nothing with me being a prude to the adultness of it all. It has everything to do with the fact that that kind of stuff is really out place given the context. I really hate it when they do that kind fo stuff to amuse the masses and get a cheap laugh.

The movie takes place in modern times, why would an airforce pilot not use modern slang? The movie isn't set in the 30s or 40s, it looked like a modern day world to me. Plus you'll see a lot more than rack or crap used in modern day comics.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Excelent flick! I just watched the 720P version from the PS3s movie download service and really enjoyed the action and story. My wife even said it was very good despite being reluctant to see it at first... she thought it'd be like a cheesy Saturday morning cartoon.

The early dialogue is corny but overall it is worth checking out. I plan to get the Blu-ray eventually.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts