AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of finishing off downstairs and last wall to construct is my home theater wall just wondering if the size I have is ok or do I need to change the dimensions some? Also in a room this size would a projector be to much. Right now thinking of just using my 52". 17' x 19' x 9'

·
Registered
417 Posts
Those dimensions seem about the average around here, perfect for a projector.

Surf the snot out of this forum.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Sounds like plenty of room for a projector to me - you should be able, with the right projector, to throw a 100" diagonal image

·
Registered
7,656 Posts
Put your seating in the right position first. Based on that, you can calculate the screen size for the appropriate screen size. You'll need to know if you want a perf or non-perf screen also so you can see how far out you're pushing the speakers toward the side walls.

Bryan

·
Registered
723 Posts
I am in the planning stages of a 16.5 x 18 room that I plan on putting a projector in and have to admit that it's going to be tight for what I want length-wise. I am going with a riser with the rear chairs 6" from the back wall and the screen actually on the front wall to maximize my distance. I am hoping to get by with a shadow box around the screen with speakers hidden in colums covered with fabric on each side of the screen. Right now, I still plan on having 100", but that could change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.