AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have all jbl speakers. 2 s310's as my mains and the studio series center and i forget the model of the rears. They are not studio but they look similar. My receiver puts out 90 watts per channel and the s310s can handle up to 350 so they are not getting there rated rms which I believe is 150. It does sound really good the way it is but I am wondering if I should get a preamp. If so any suggestions? Id probably just be amping up the front stage and leaving the rears to run off the receiver power. Thoughts?

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I think you are really asking if you should get an amp, not a preamp? A preamp can't be connected to speakers, it comes before the amp, hence the name.

There's numerous threads asking about getting an amp, maybe try a search rather than recapping this discussion (yet again

Short version -

The obvious answer, if it sounds good, would be no. If you like to experiement, have the money, and your receiver can be connected to an amp (has pre-out jacks,) then the answer may be yes. Of course the advantage to the yes option, is that you will then better know if an amp helps

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I do have a powered sub woofer its a velodyne ct150. Amazing product by the way. The room is not that big it is a bedroom and the receiver is a Yamaha rxv 667 and it does have amp outputs. Sorry about that I meant an amp not preamp. Sorry about making a topic there are millions of, I didn't realize.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.