AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the diffrence if any of this Blu Ray set? There is one that is $52 and another $24. The only thing I see on the front of the set is one has BBC and the other has BBC/DVD on it. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
links?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
A quick two minute search reveals one is the imported UK version, with Amazon.com ASIN matching exactly the one listed (2 Entertain) on Amazon.co.uk, the other is the US BBC Warner version.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just received this for Christmas and I put the 1st disc in and it will not play! I get a message on the bottom corner of the TV saying "unsupported signal, check your device output". I have no issues playing any other Blu Rays. Connections are HDMI from Panny 80 player directly to TV. Suggestions???

Jeff

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
If you have the 2E version it is 1080i50.

·
23,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronghorn/az
I just received this for Christmas and I put the 1st disc in and it will not play! I get a message on the bottom corner of the TV saying "unsupported signal, check your device output". I have no issues playing any other Blu Rays. Connections are HDMI from Panny 80 player directly to TV. Suggestions???

Jeff
Does it say BBC / DVD on the front of the case? I bought the cheaper of the two on Amazon and it just says BBC. The studio is BBC Warner and from what Amazon says the studio of the other one is Ais.

larry

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper
Picked this up and started watching last night. Very impressive. Box says 1080i video but my prepro said 1080p24 coming in.

larry
I'm not surprised as that's what they did to Planet Earth as well to cater for the US market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilian.ca
A quick two minute search reveals one is the imported UK version, with Amazon.com ASIN matching exactly the one listed (2 Entertain) on Amazon.co.uk, the other is the US BBC Warner version.

If you have the 2E version it is 1080i50.
I believe BBC native uses 1080i50 as blu ray does not have 1080p25 spec

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well after waiting for quite awhile the wife was able to get through to B&N (worst day for returns I know!) They said return it and they will refund us the money. Will order the right one off of Amazon. Thanks for your help!!

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts