AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 8 month old AVR 635. It died with no sound 2 month ago. I send it for warranty service, and it take one month to fix it.

Now I only use it for 5 days, and it is dead again! I have a party tonight! F***

I will call HK tomorrow and ask for return!!!!!!

Any suggustion welcome.

·
Banned
3,453 Posts
HK receivers have a die-hard fanbase, but time after time you'll read posts about their QC issues. I looked at them myself once, due to the praise people heaped on their SQ, amp prowess, and Logic 7 feature. Unfortunately they seem plagued with recurring problems, which never seem to be fully resolved. Buy a Denon, nuff said!

·
Registered
29,326 Posts
Actually, if you call them, you may get the new 645 in exchange. They've upgraded receivers in the past, including mine. Mine was lower end than yours, I went from the AVR 320 to 325. And the 325 has worked flawlessly for almost 4 years.

I could have lived with the minor bug in my 320 but since they offered a newer model I took it. Great customer support.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Just go to the store and buy another Same unit different store and take this one back...

Done.. now if you then have the same problems with that unit.. I guess you know where the problem lies...

I would let HK eat the difference..

·
Registered
932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/0

any decent store would track their receivers by serial number so your idea probably won't work.

which decent store would that be? not Tweeter, Best Buy, Circuit City, or HH Gregg.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i got a h/k 7300... it is 2 1/2 years old, hence outside warranty. it is used exclusively in my theatre room, and has a total of 240 hours on it (that's the hours on the bulb).. it was d.o.a. two weeks ago... would not power up at all.

called h/k... no help there.. took it in for service, and it was a bad capacitor... fixed and working again..

HOWEVER..

240hours (or 10 running days) on a piece of equipment (i could use another word)...that cost so many $$$...

I WILL NEVER BUY AN H/K PRODUCT ... ever again..

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
This certainly suggests that it's in your best interest to run the unit continuously for a week or two to see if you can weed out the problem while you still have a warranty you can fall back on. Out of curiousity, was the receiver bought new or refurb seable?

·
Registered
147 Posts
. I am finding now that buying" China Made" is buying uncertainty. I do have an HK 635 and have had no problems for 22 months. I have bought another proctduct I thought was made in England only to find out it was made in China, with a major problem, I am on my 2nd unit now, it has the same problem as the 1st.

I don't think this thing is only about HK , it's about Made in China.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.