AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very strange problem, in fact it doesn't seem possible.

WGBH in Boston, has two feeds. 2-1 (SD) and 2-2 (HD). The SD is the usually fare, while the HD feed is usually a loop of demos, and recently a few prime time HD shows as well.

Twice now, while setting up a recording on the HD channel, I have found it recorded on the SD channel. Sounds like a mix up on my part right. Well today I tested it while watching it. I had on an HD broadcast and hit the record button. I watched for a few minutes and then watched what it recorded. It recorded the SD channel, a kids cartoon.

How is this even possible, it only has one tuner, how can it present program X and record Y?

Mike

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Quote:
It recorded the SD channel, a kids cartoon. How is this even possible, it only has one tuner, how can it present program X and record Y?
Mike,

Yeah I got fooled by the exact same thing using the MyHD card. The card has one HD tuner but the recorded transport stream contains both the SD and HD subchannel programs. Play the file back and click the subchannel icon on the player control and you'll see the HD recording.

--hardwired

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, I was able to watch the HD broadcast after your post.

I am learning so much in my first two weeks with the MyHD. It sucks being a newbie.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.