AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny...advertised as a 4100...the manuals are for 4100...I *just* noticed it says 4101 on the info sticker on the front. This is great...anyone care to weigh in on ACON? Think I should use it? Or go solo?

Well, this is a great development, I got more than I bargained for!

-K:cool:

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
The catch is, does the ACON work? try it with the lights out. Ambient light throws the camera off.

Curt

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curt,

I don't know yet! :D

I actually tried it once, though I only let it run for a about a min. then I made it stop while it was still on the green bar. This was when I still thought it was a 4100. Only thing is, I see a protrusion on the front of the projector, which I thought was the IR receiver, though I guess it could be the ACON cam I've heard about.

To be honest, I thought it was just because it was a very recent (v3.3) version of the software, and that perhaps it was missing the hardware (cam), though now that I see the manufacturer sticker says 4101 I am more ready to believe the little protrusion is a camera.

I'll let you know if it works--I'll be quite happy if it does. I just have to wait for my cheesebox to arrive. Then I'll make sure to do it in the middle of the night to test it out.

-Kaaran

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that's that!

Quote:
stefuel: If it has the ACON feature (little devise on the front that plugs into the front computer plug) than substitute the last 0 with a 1 (ECP 4501).
I see the 25 pin "computer plug", but no device plugged in.

How did I know! :)

-Kaaran

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.