AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searches and didn't really come up with what I'm looking for. I'm looking for either a dark wood or black wood TV stand that's between 50-57" for my 55" LCD TV. I've searched through a ton of posts here and today went to Ikea and didn't find anything. I've had my TV on a coffee table for 3 weeks and would like to get a nice stand for it. Trying to keep price under $300 if possible.

Any input/pictures would be appreciated!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found some decent items on the Sanus site but didn't really see any of the ones I liked on the electoshops website...did you find any other sites that sold their stuff?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a suggestion for you. i have wood floors in my house and wanted a wood stand. if you dont need room for components{i have a video rack next to tv} a cedar chest works great and looks fantastic. can be bought for about a 100 with different looks and the heigth is perfect for the couch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
jmw,

If you see something on the Sanus site, note the product number and call Electroshops. It was the same case for me, they said they have full access to the Sanus products. I found them to be the cheapest for Sanus products. I ordered the NPV49 in the mocha color.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I was looking at the Sauder web site ( www.sauder.com ) for a black TV stand and found Item Number: 161155 (1155-465). They state Avg. Retail Price: $81.99. This item seems OK for the 42" Sony, but may be too small for a 55" set. But that would depend on the size of the TV's base. You may want to look thru all of their TV stands.

I have not seen this item in person so I have no idea about the quality or how it looks. But the price sure is nice. In line with some of the Ikea stands.

Mike

·
Registered
804 Posts
The 1155-465 is a kinda cheap model I think, it has a swivel on the bottom of the set I wouldnt. But hey if you like it go ahead.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmw1137
I did some searches and didn't really come up with what I'm looking for. I'm looking for either a dark wood or black wood TV stand that's between 50-57" for my 55" LCD TV. I've searched through a ton of posts here and today went to Ikea and didn't find anything. I've had my TV on a coffee table for 3 weeks and would like to get a nice stand for it. Trying to keep price under $300 if possible.

Any input/pictures would be appreciated!
They have a bunch of stand here:

http://www.standsandmounts.com/index...OD&ProdID=3403

Good Luck,

RonC

·
Registered
7,997 Posts
See the bush Plasma/DLP TV Console (VS1358801) in CircuitCity for under $200. Dania has a 80" stand for a little over $200 ...

Unless constrained by space, IMO, a wider stand will actually look better than a stand which is the same width as the TV.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Console or side tables work very nicely for these sets. They are typically 30" off the floor. I prefer the additional height since I use my recliner often and my eyes are forced to roll up a bit. If you don't mind spending $350-$600 take a loot at Pottery Barn's website, they have some pretty nice items.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm also in the market for a very 'short' TV stand to fit my cut-out area of the family room for a new Samsung HL-R6178 that I just ordered. I haven't been able to find anything ready-to-go, so I'm thinking about just building it myself.

The 'cut-out' for the set is 63.5"W x 53" H x 24" D drywalled 'nook'. The set is about 57"W x 42"H x 16.5"D. I'm planning on 'building' a single-row stand out of wood for the set to sit on that will accommodate my AVR/HDTivo/DVD/X-box beneath it. (The tallest of these components is 7" tall.)

I'm thinking the wood stand will be 10" H x 63"w x ??"D. Anyone have any advice/recs on what to do & NOT to do based on the size of my 'cut-out' and size of the HL-R6178? Any heat issues I should be worried about?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEers
I'm also in the market for a very 'short' TV stand to fit my cut-out area of the family room for a new Samsung HL-R6178 that I just ordered. I haven't been able to find anything ready-to-go, so I'm thinking about just building it myself.

The 'cut-out' for the set is 63.5"W x 53" H x 24" D drywalled 'nook'. The set is about 57"W x 42"H x 16.5"D. I'm planning on 'building' a single-row stand out of wood for the set to sit on that will accommodate my AVR/HDTivo/DVD/X-box beneath it. (The tallest of these components is 7" tall.)

I'm thinking the wood stand will be 10" H x 63"w x ??"D. Anyone have any advice/recs on what to do & NOT to do based on the size of my 'cut-out' and size of the HL-R6178? Any heat issues I should be worried about?

Thanks for any advice!

So... no ideas?

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Yes the Sauder #1155-465 is a cheap model, but it does not look too bad, and it does not swivel. I picked one up on sale for a lot less than the listed price but haven't put it together yet. I wasn't looking for cheap, I was looking for black or oak or cherry. I didn't come across any that really fit the size of my TV, and most are too high. And I did not want silver or chrome. Being that the Sauder is black helps camouflage any "inexpensive construction details". And it will surely hold my lightweight TV & has room below for several components.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.