AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Okay, old news I know. But give an old Showstopper 2000 owner the opp to marvel at Commercial Advance on his brand-spanking-new 5060! Woohoo! Okay, I'm installing the $130 Buy.com 5040 and keeping that too!

Channels 6 and 44 work. Anything else I should check before buying lifetime?

Thanks Peeps, This forum kicks booty also! :D

:rolleyes: Nobbie:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Actually I've seen CA go down the pooper lately. Doesn't even turn on half the time (whole commercial breaks with no skipping)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I heard that it is intermittent, but on the test recording of 'That 70's Show" it was working great! I guess it depends on the signal the networks send. Either way, I'm digging on it!

:rolleyes: Nobbie:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
A lot of ACA depends on signal strength, it appears... It works very well for me on DirecTV feeds, not so well on analog cable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've only had my 5040 two weeks, but I'll say that so far it's skipping around 90% of the commercials. Seems like channel and show has a big effect on it. Doesn't seem to skip anything on Fox or sports, but skips all the commercials on TLC.

At any rate, even when it doesn't work a few presses of the 30-sec button works wonders!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
When it works, it's beautiful.

Yeah, Hollywood. I skip commercials and I like it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Woodshop
I've only had my 5040 two weeks, but I'll say that so far it's skipping around 90% of the commercials. Seems like channel and show has a big effect on it. Doesn't seem to skip anything on Fox or sports, but skips all the commercials on TLC.

At any rate, even when it doesn't work a few presses of the 30-sec button works wonders!
Couldn't have said it better; except to say I've had mine for about 4 months through 3 software updates; seems to be getting better with each new software release.

I'm really looking forward to Alcatraz; hoping for even more 'cool' features.

* just re-read your post, and noticed you said it doesn't skip anything of Fox. I find Fox (Comcast analog cable) is one of the more reliable CA channels. It works especially well on the Simpsons and King of the Hill.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a 4504 and last night i watched MNF and it skipped every commercial except one. I would consider that an acceptable rate :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.