AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my threads of asking which CRT to buy are over, now I get to graduate to "How do I tweak/fix/replace this?"

I bid on this:

Electrohome 4100

And I won, it's in LA and the guy said I could pick it up, so I'm happy. I was ready to buy from Curt since he has such a great rep. but I wanted to try and get a "deal" locally...we'll see if it ended up being the right decision :)

I'm really happy right now, I woke my GF up to tell her that I won...and she wasn't happy about it but she will be we she can watch it.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me make my final decision.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome to the dark side. That's what I got my 4500 for but it was broken, it is now a great modded beauty and I have not had any problems since.

Andy

PS. Checkout www.ecpresource.com for manuals and mods and things.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Good deal,

The seller lost money on this one because he did not put "CRT" in the title, and 'CRT Projector' that is what a lot of people serch on

Good purchase

·
Registered
358 Posts
Man you scored lucky

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the reassurance, and I'll let you know how it's running when I get it home, I should be picking it up sometime this weekend.

Andy- Thanks for that site, I've been looking for something exactly like that since I had heard some people switch out lenses, etc. to get a better picture.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woohoo it works!!!

Well I got it home, the guy I got it from was awesome, he gave me some extra cards to go with it, more about those later.

I turned it on and all the bulbs came up, now I'm done for the day and will begin the clean up/tweak portion tomorrow (at least I will begin the long read up.)

If anybody has any tips I would love them, thanks guys/gals for all the help you've provided to date.

*edit* Almost forgot the extra cards are as follows:

50-1871-05P = Horizontal Deflection & Sync Processing PCB

50-1877-04P = Video Control Board w/50-1938-01P add-on

50-1873-05P = Waveform Generator w/color correction & pincushion add-on

50-1872-04P = Remote w/ pin12 (ICI19) soldered to pin 2 (ICI20) and a few other "mods"?

50-1870-04P = V DEFL & HREG

50-1876-04P = Convergence w/ 50-1901-03P Pixel Generator

This is not a sales list, I would just like to know if they are useful repair parts in regards to my ECP 4100, if not anybody who needs them can have them, they were given to me, and there is no need for me to sell them. Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.