AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SWEET! After being envious of you people for so long, I managed to score a deal on a used Infocus LP730 with only 69 hours. XGA for $630, what else can I ask for?

Anyhow...can anybody point me to some links concerning tweaking the LP730? A google search shows nothing and it seems people don't discuss it much here. I'm sure I can apply all the general tweaks, but I wonder if there are any LP730 specific tweaks (such as powerstrip timings).

BTW...there should really be 3 projector forums: "Over $5000", "under $5000", and "poor [email protected] poseurs who can't afford to buy Top Ramen much less a $630 projector".

·
Registered
203 Posts
 http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...fm?part_id=214

Here's some info about your projector. Brightness and contrast is not that high, but might be fine in a dark room. How do you like it so far? You will probably need a HTPC. Does it have S-video? If not you'll really want to use a HTPC. You may want to consider a Viewsonic VB50, that will allow you to display 480i. Enjoy it, it has good bulb life.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it hasn't arrived yet actually...I'm just jumping for joy here :)

Yeah, I plan on running a HTPC with it. Fortunately, I have a very well controlled lighting situation...hopefully, that'll offset the low lumens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.