AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a short 9 years since my last theater build and now ready to take another one on. We moved and I have a fresh slate to start from. This is exciting and also a curse :)to get started. I have been following this forum for years and will deploy many of the technics I have learned from others. I hope the results are better than the last theater which I loved.
A big thanks in Advance for everyone who replies and to others that I have stolen their ideas J!!

On to the details:

Basement with a game room, ½ bath, kitchen and almost forgot – Woolfman's Theater!!

Theater is my focus and the SA can handle the rest –

Room Dimensions are 18l x 15w. It will be a room with in a room. This is an improvement over my last theater build. I am hoping this will help lower the STC and sound heard through the 1st and 2nd floors. I am also going to add a layer of MDF to floor joists after adding sound dampening (r30 insulation). I will then have a gap of 12” between floor joists and ceiling in theater. I plan on treating the other walls as well. Plan is to double drywall this room too. I will add more details later as I get to them.

Equipment will be largely the same since I kept everything from the last house.

*IntegraReceiver 7.1
*Paradigm Speakers
*SIM2 D80 (upgrade to new EPSON or other new PJ TBD)
*Velodyne Subwoofer -I will also add another yet to be determined sub as well.
*Wire for ATMOS config for future
*Lutron 3104Graphic Eye??

This room will add some acoustical treatments as well. I do not want to make the room too dead but enough to get good sound and improve over my last theater. I am also going to use pockets doors inside the double walls. These doors will leak some but I will try to minimize this potential. I am going to use solid doors and nothing hollow. This may help some too but time will tell

I ordered some screen samples from Seymour and Falcon as I really would like to use AT material and hide all speakers.

I will add more info as I get going!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Done!!

Attached are pics of the completed basement!! Love it and working on a new receiver selection now. My integra clips about every 90 minutes and loses video but audio plays. Damn Integra HDMI chip failure i am suspecting!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like it, a very clean look. Whats on the floor in the kitchen area? is that laminate? Also like the way you boxed in the speakers, without bringing the screen forward.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wow, that is the quickest "build thread" ever.. 2 posts - well done ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts