AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our walls framed around the perimeter of our basement while they were building the house. We did this so that it would help speed up the process when I go to finish our basement, plus we were able to absorb those costs into our mortgage. It looks like I shouldn't have any problems pushing the insulation aside when I go to drill holes for wiring. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? To remove it all and then put it back seems pretty silly...

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,627 Posts
Is it unfaced batts or faced and stapled to the studs? If it's just the unfaced stuff or faced but not stapled I would just roll up the bottom 20 inches run your wires and then replace.

Also are you going to have the work inspected? If yes, you may not be able to avoid moving the insulation out of the way so that the inspector can see how close to the surface of the studs you drill your holes and whether or not Shields are required and to be sure that you've fastened the cables within 8 inches of each box.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is faced, but it looks like they did a nice job of pushing it in and then stapling to the inside of the stud. I will post some pics later tonight.

·
Registered
415 Posts
When insulating walls & ceilings is it ok for the insulation to come in contact with the electrical wires and junction boxes?

thanks

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Yes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.