AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Not trying to be funny, but I hear you can get HD Mariners in Japan.

We used to get HD Yankees (about 50 home games) on Cablevision but that bus just left town and it ain't coming back!

Even though the stadium is rigged for HD, 'Faux don't do HD'.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
I also almost had a heart attack when I read the title of the thread. PLEASE LEARN HOW TO USE THE "?". It's a wonderful and very under utililzed character.

As you your question, you must be very, very new to HD :D or you'd know that Fox is the most anti HDTV entity in existence in the entire world. The chances of Fox showing anything in HD is:

0.0000000000000000000000000001 %

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
There is hope with Fox... someday. Try this link which is interesting just for the technology piece, but even more when you look at who is doing the work and where they are testing it (hint, Fox sitcoms and sports are mentioned):D

http://www.tvinsite.com/broadcasting...5/2001&STT=000

·
Registered
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vruiz
Be gentle, people! :D
ROTFLMAO!! Maybe a blurb about FOX's aversion to true HD could be placed in the FAQs for the benefit of the newbies!! :D

Kent

·
Registered
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vruiz
Be gentle, people! :D
ROTFLMAO!! Maybe a blurb about FOX's aversion to true HD could be placed in the FAQs for the benefit of the newbies!! :D

Kent

·
Registered
871 Posts
The ALCS is being broadcast in Japan in HD; the World Series will be as well if Ichiro and Seattle get that far.

Don't know yet what the situation will be if the Yankees win the ACLS.

The 2001 Major League Baseball All Star Game was also broadcast in HD in Japan.

Tapes from that game are in circulation.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,681 Posts
Due to popular demand, I have added the "?" to the topic title.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Quote:
FOX not having the World Series in HD is a drop in the bucket compared to FOX not having the Superbowl in HD!!
Not to die hard baseball fans!! The great American pasttime, remember?? ;) The World Series IS the bucket :D

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I'll be listening to the World Series.

If it was in HD, I'd be watching!

Frank

·
Registered
221 Posts
Only the Mariners home games in the ALCS are being broadcast in HDTV here in Japan; I checked to see if the game "today" was in HDTV and it was only shown in SDTV. I REALLY want the Mariners to win another game in NYC so they can get back to Seattle and I can see more baseball in HDTV. Too bad NHK could not negotiate a last minute deal with Cablevision/the Yankees or whoever so that ALL the games could be shown in HDTV.

Milton Henry

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.