Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worlds first and most powerful digital THX Ultra2 receiver

The new AVR3000 from Samsung is the world’s most powerful receiver and the world first digital amplifier to comply with THX Ultra2. January, 2005

AV-R3000 - 7-Channel High Power Digital AV Receiver

The Samsung AV-R3000 is a breakthrough new receiver, based on an extremely powerful ICEpower solution for digital amplification and also fully integrated ICEpower SMPS technology. Besides the ICEpower power section, the receiver contains a vast amount of features as a Room Equalizer, Sound Field Control Processor, Advanced Connectivity, IEEE1394, AnyNet, HDMI, DVI and more. In more ways, the receiver sets new standards.

The AV-R3000 7-Channel x 250W receiver from Samsung is an example of the new possibilities with customized solutions from ICEpower. As a world first digital receiver, the AV-R3000 passes the THX Ultra2 specification. It is also the world’s most powerful digital receiver, delivering 250W/8Ohms clean in all channels simultaneously. Specifications of the ICEpower are a clear state-of-the art in digital amplification by reaching:

7x250W all channels driven @ 0.1% THD+N, 8 Ohms

117dB dynamic range by a noise level of only 60uV pr. channel.

THD+N=0.004%, 1W/1kHz.

Wide 150kHz (-3db) frequency response.

Intermodulation distortion IMD=0.001%, CCIF 19kHz/20kHz.

HAS ANYONE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO DEMO THIS UNIT?

RON AZ

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron AZ
Worlds first and most powerful digital THX Ultra2 receiver

The new AVR3000 from Samsung is the world’s most powerful receiver and the world first digital amplifier to comply with THX Ultra2. January, 2005

AV-R3000 - 7-Channel High Power Digital AV Receiver

The Samsung AV-R3000 is a breakthrough new receiver, based on an extremely powerful ICEpower solution for digital amplification and also fully integrated ICEpower SMPS technology. Besides the ICEpower power section, the receiver contains a vast amount of features as a Room Equalizer, Sound Field Control Processor, Advanced Connectivity, IEEE1394, AnyNet, HDMI, DVI and more. In more ways, the receiver sets new standards.

The AV-R3000 7-Channel x 250W receiver from Samsung is an example of the new possibilities with customized solutions from ICEpower. As a world first digital receiver, the AV-R3000 passes the THX Ultra2 specification. It is also the world’s most powerful digital receiver, delivering 250W/8Ohms clean in all channels simultaneously. Specifications of the ICEpower are a clear state-of-the art in digital amplification by reaching:

117dB dynamic range by a noise level of only 60uV pr. channel.

THD+N=0.004%, 1W/1kHz.

Wide 150kHz (-3db) frequency response.

Intermodulation distortion IMD=0.001%, CCIF 19kHz/20kHz.

HAS ANYONE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO DEMO THIS UNIT?

RON AZ
Not out yet.. :rolleyes:

After a big introduction @ WCES 2005 in Las Vegas..

They found out that they had some major problems and oversights.. ;)

Maybe they should stick to memory chips or DLP projectors..

It went for a major overhaul, rebuild and redesign..

Maybe.. Just maybe..

It will be out by late this year.. :)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Holy moly this thing has been announced a LONG time ago. It has very promising specs, but is $5,000. I wonder how many people will pay that for a SAMSUNG. They have only made HTIB AVR's as far as I know. It smells a lot like vaporware to me.
Tidbit

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheoaustin
You will see them demonstrating in this coming CEDIA. :)

For certain Samsung will be demonstrating this AVR @ CEDIA..

The bigger question is delivery timing.. When will they be available for sale..

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Who is going to spend $4,000 for a Samsung receiver?

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy
Who is going to spend $4,000 for a Samsung receiver?
If it does what they claim for it, and does it well. Then there are probably a lot of people that would. Because "on paper", it looks to be very close to that same range of features of a Denon 5805, but for 2 grand less than that of a 5805. Not to mention, that the Samsung would likely be discounted a bigger amount than the Denon is. And that alone would help sell them.

Don't forget, it was not so long ago that many felt the same negative ways about buying a Samsung TV. And now since they came out with their line of DLP sets, they are now one of the better selling brands of TV's.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Funny how we are discussing predicted street prices on vaporware that was announced a long time ago but has not appeared.

Seems kind of like predicting the score on Tampa Bay versus Kansas City at the World Series this year...

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla
If it does what they claim for it, and does it well. Then there are probably a lot of people that would. Because "on paper", it looks to be very close to that same range of features of a Denon 5805, but for 2 grand less than that of a 5805. Not to mention, that the Samsung would likely be discounted a bigger amount than the Denon is. And that alone would help sell them.

Don't forget, it was not so long ago that many felt the same negative ways about buying a Samsung TV. And now since they came out with their line of DLP sets, they are now one of the better selling brands of TV's.
Actually I think the list price is $4999 not $4000, but yes a Samsung unit will be available at better discounts than the Denon 5805 would be.

Will it be competitive with the 5805?

On paper, yes...

Looks wise, very cool looking unit (saw in person at last year's CES) much more attractive than the monster Denon.

I'm not sure if the Samsung unit will have a built in video processor?

And can it possibily spec out as well as the 5805 does?

Lastly if the unit isn't available until the end of year, how many other manufactures will have beat Samsung to the punch?

dc

·
Registered
27,202 Posts
Wow....$5K for a receiver...What is this world coming to?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abell2218
Seems kind of like predicting the score on Tampa Bay versus Kansas City at the World Series this year...
Well they are both in the AL, but since we are suspending belief, KC in 6!!! :cool:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
M CODE... you live in Phoenix also? Have you had the opportunity to visit L&M HOME THEATER in Chandler (Warner & I-10, near IKEA)? AWESOME .... has a $85,000 Linn HT package (minimum they build) and they have a $350,000.00 HT Package... In their main room I listened to their new VELODYNE SUBS (6000 watts each @ $15,000 a piece) and room powered by 6 big MacIntosh amps... and a $49,000 PJ....WOW.... This store is loaded with all the 'big boy toys'...... Ron AZ

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher
I'm not sure if the Samsung unit will have a built in video processor?

And can it possibily spec out as well as the 5805 does?

Lastly if the unit isn't available until the end of year, how many other manufactures will have beat Samsung to the punch?

dc
I know the leader of the development team, and visited the team for different matters weeks ago. They planned the HDMI upconversion, and had been struggling with it, but finally got over it. He showed the GUI OSD, and it looked like some high-res PC screen rather than low-res OSD like other receivers.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbawilly
Is this the unit that looks like a rebadged Sony 9000?
Funny to hear someone else say this. I was also struck by the similarities when I saw it at CES last year. I asked both Sammy and Sony reps, both said "no connection"...

John

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I remember I laughed when somebody posted that it looked like a Sony ES AVR with H/K black acrylic panel sapped in". Yes, they look similar, but the back panel and the inside are completely different. It's just a coincidence.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheoaustin
Audioholics CEDIA coverage mentioned its release either end of this year, or 01/06..??
Closing in on the record for delayed product launch...

John

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Quote:
The THD seems a little high to me. Wonder what it's rated from 20-20,000Hz?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.