AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Target Audience - AVS'ers :)

'WORLD'S GREATEST DAD' Starring Robin Williams and Directed by Bobcat Goldthwait to Premiere as a Sneak Preview on HDNet Movies

Film to Premiere Wednesday, August 19 at 8:00 p.m. ET - Two Days Prior to its National Theatrical Release

HDNet Movies presents a special Sneak Preview of the dark comedy WORLD'S GREATEST DAD, starring Robin Williams and written and directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, Wednesday, August 19 at 8:00 p.m. ET.

Aaron Hillis of The Village Voice says that the film is "Scandalously entertaining!" While Indiewire says that WORLD'S GREATEST DAD is "A rich, black comedy. . .Robin Williams' best role in years." Owen Gleiberman of Entertainment Weekly calls WORLD'S GREATEST DAD, "A crazy, foul-mouthed black comedy that blows up every rule of taste and common sense and somehow gets away with it."

A thoughtful but outrageous comedy from Bobcat Goldthwait, WORLD'S GREATEST DAD is a story about a man that learns the things you want most may not be the things that make you happy, and that being lonely is not necessarily the same as being alone.

Robin Williams stars as Lance Clayton, a man who has learned to settle. He dreamed of being a rich and famous writer, but has only managed to make it as a high school poetry teacher. His only son Kyle (Daryl Sabara) is an insufferable jackass who won't give his father the time of day. He is dating Claire (Alexie Gilmore), the school's adorable art teacher, but she doesn't want to get serious -- or even acknowledge publicly that they are dating.

Then, in the wake of a freak accident, Lance suffers the worst tragedy and greatest opportunity of his life. He is suddenly faced with the possibility of all the fame, fortune and popularity he ever dreamed of, if he can only live with the knowledge of how he got there.

WORLD'S GREATEST DAD is the latest installment in the HDNet Movies "Sneak Preview" series. Only HDNet Movies presents exclusive "Sneak Previews" of films to viewers before they premiere in theaters. All Sneak Preview films are free to HDNet Movies subscribers.

HDNet Movies will offer WORLD'S GREATEST DAD as a special Sneak Preview on Wednesday, August 19 at 8:00 p.m. ET, with encore presentations at 9:45 and 11:30 p.m. ET that same evening.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
^^ Thanks for letting us know Karl. I just saw the commercial this morning. I got my recording set for D* HDNet Movies Ch. 552 (Mpeg 4).

I didn't know about this movie until I saw the trailer for it yesterday, when I went to go see "Paper Heart" (with Michael Cera) [at the Laemmle [Lem-Lee] Playhouse 7 Movie Theater (colorado blvd, pasadena, CA). It looks like a funny movie.

·
UHD Addict
38,977 Posts
Thanks!! I just set up a recording online for one of my TiVos to record it from FIOS.

·
Registered
520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-TV /forum/post/17027482

^^ Thanks for letting us know Karl. I just saw the commercial this morning. I got my recording set for D* HDNet Ch. 360 (Mpeg 4).

I didn't know about this movie until I saw the trailer for it yesterday, when I went to go see "Paper Heart" (with Michael Cera) [at the Laemmle [Lem-Lee] Playhouse 7 Movie Theater (colorado blvd, pasadena, CA). It looks like a funny movie.

Movie is on HDNet Movies, Not HDNet.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman87 /forum/post/17028799

Movie is on HDNet Movies, Not HDNet.

Thanks sparkman87. I did have it set for the correct channel, BUT I posted the wrong one.
I meant to post D* Channel 552.

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
Watched this last night - very good PQ. It was a very strange movie, and watching Bobcat perform decades ago, this was right up his alley. I can see that some people would turn it off after listening to some of the language and references that were used. The son was just weird – out there weird. So weird, that I think some people would turn it off because of him. I suspect a good part of that character was Bobcat in his youth. So there are three reasons that I believe some people wouldn’t get very far viewing this film. Still, I found myself laughing quite a lot. I also really liked the Bruce Hornsby tune - Is You Is, Or Is You Ain’t My Baby.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts