AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only getting worse and the sickness is spreading. The US consumer has been tapped out for a while, but there had been optimism regarding consumer demand in Asia and Europe. No more.

Are the LCD makers scaling back supply to meet the greatly reduced demand? Apparently not, as capacity will take a huge jump into 2009.

A lot of the marginal players will seek bankruptcy protection. Even the big dogs will feel plenty of pain.

The good news is that consumer will get some great deals.

·
Registered
317 Posts
when would you guys predict we'll start seeing some of these great deals? As im highly debating grabbing another 52a650, but not if its going to drop down a few hundred in the next few months. And where are you getting your information about LCD makers not scaling back? Is this all just speculation on your part or is there actual evidence of this?

·
Registered
228 Posts
For the most part, I think the price of LCD's are going to stay roughly the same, possibly dropping a few hundred dollars here and there. It all really depends on just how bad the global situation gets. I think the demand for LCD's may in fact drop a bit and companies will simply scale back on their production (but keep roughly the same pricing strategies intact). This is just an opinion of mine, I could be very wrong.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagusas /forum/post/14210577

when would you guys predict we'll start seeing some of these great deals? As im highly debating grabbing another 52a650, but not if its going to drop down a few hundred in the next few months. And where are you getting your information about LCD makers not scaling back? Is this all just speculation on your part or is there actual evidence of this?

Well the 52A650 is already pretty cheap on some online sites. The B&M stores still have a way to go. Just buy it from a place with price protection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts