AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've changed the title to Halo ODST as this thread has to come to be the place people talk , and post info/vids about the game.

Anyone else getting worried that its about one month 12 days and we've hardly heard anything about ODST? I would have expected microsoft/Bungie to start putting stuff out there if its a good game, or are they plan on selling it on the Halo name alone and just droppping it in Sept with no build up?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 /forum/post/16980545

I can't remember the last time I worried about something as trivial as a video game.

ok maybe worried was the wrong word, or your taking it out of context.

As far as games go I'm concerned, as far as life goes thats another game.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I like the name Hatin' Henry better.

·
Registered
369 Posts
is she wearing a Burger King paper crown?

·
Registered
929 Posts
A shame she's wearing anything!

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Not sure if I'm worried- but I'm certainly leaning towards passing up this game. To me, this game just isn't offering enough to earn my gov funded $60:

New campaign - Well that's just fine but halo3's campaign kinda sucked and the one thing that was truly remarkable about it- the 4-player co-op- won't be included in the new game. Also, it looks to be populated by the same old, tired enemies and setting; not to mention the total lack of anything new to kill them with besides a scoped pistol and silenced SMG...

FireFight - Now this looks fun! Horde mode in halo? Fantastic! Unfortunately, I still haven't tired of Gears2 horde mode (my family plays alot) and with L4D 2 just around the corner (nevermind MW2), ODST is competing for limited funds...

Halo3 Multiplayer Only Disc including 3 new maps- This really brings my piss to a boil as it seems this is the crutch that Microsoft is using to charge the full retail for this game! Before this announcement ODST was still an expansion.

Basically, if you don't have the Heroic and Legendary Maps this is a deal; if you're like me and have already PAID for those packs, tough **** buy them again. It would have been nice to have an option- say $30-$40 bucks for just the new ODST content, maybe $50-60 for the full release... But no, the second disc is required and the 3 new maps will not be sold seperately.

I guess I'll wait and see how the reviews place it- with L4D 2 and MW2 just around the corner and having played the demo for Batman (it's awesome) I can safely say that I won't have the time or funds to play everything I want this Holiday.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripeer /forum/post/16992018

i don't know, she might be doing us a favor, or is that he?

:d

lmaooooooo!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonov12 /forum/post/16991956

A shame she's wearing anything!

she is still a pretty attractive woman. She was playing the principle in the movie Sky High, and I was thinking, hey I would not mind detention.

Halo:ODST is going to do just fine. There are rumors that pre-orders in the US alone is already over 1 milllion. Projections are that it will pobably top out at about 5 million, about 1/2 of Halo 3. I for one never bought any of the map packs (I was going to buy the LE Halo Wars for the mythic packs, but held out). Ya it sucks if you paid for them already, but I already 'suffered' that fate with the Gears 2 update, which is a bit of a rip off for those that already bought the two other map packs, but a great deal for those that did not buy any. That being said, the weeks (months) of enjoyment playing all the maps in Gears 2 far outway the savings. I know most Halo die hards don't really care as well.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wait ODST won't have 4 Player Co-Op? I still play Halo 3 Solo, partly due to bad internet lately. I thought the movie over on Bungie.net looked cool, but I always feel lack of hype is bad news about a game.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami /forum/post/17000219

this is not worth 60...

True, but then Halo 3 was literally just Halo 2 re-skinned for the Xbox 360, so it wasn't worth $60 either. I had thought that at one point, Bungie was admitting that ODST was just going to be a new chapter/new story using the Halo 3 engine and would only be charging $30 or $40 for it. Of course, once they realized that packaging the same old game with a new name would still sell well, I suppose it makes sense to go for the full $60.

It won't be on my wish list, at least not without a significant price drop.

1 - 20 of 335 Posts