Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great forum.....

Has anyone bought from PlasmaHouse/Shopsunshine?? How was the experience?

I just ordered a Fujitsu plasma from them. They had the best prices I could find on the net after looking at bunch of e-tailers. However, I am worried that their prices may be "too good to be true".

I have been reading numerous reviews on this company....while there does seem to be a mix of positive/negative reviews...the negatives are starting to get me worried.

Now, I am afraid the Plasma won't get delivered for numerous weeks, and may be refurbished or from Eastern Europe .....

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

:(

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hope you got a good warranty from the dealer that will take care of you, because - according to Fujitsu - there is no factory warranty for internet purchases....

Fujitsu Warrant policy

·
23,032 Posts
Good luck. Keep us informed. Is it too late to cancel? Other NYers may

help you find a B&M with a real warranty for not that much more

than PH wants. Definitely worth the piece of mind.

larry

·
Registered
535 Posts
I hate to tell you this but the model listed on the site you told us is the ES model, which is the European model. I think this requires a seperate video card which may not be part of your order and may push the price up much higher than what you can get it at a couple PA B&Ms.

Chech out "What Videos"'s review of the ES model on Ecoustics:

http://www.ecoustics.com/Home/Home_V...eviews/Plasma/

Good luck and I would try to cancel if I were you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Watch your credit card statement too. I've heard that PH will add extra charges, such as more shipping, and the customer doesn't fund out until they get their credit card statement. This may not happen to you, but it's something to watch out for. How much diud they charge for shipping?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Gordon, if it isn't too late for you to cancel the PH order (I know nothing about them), I will PM you the name of a good, price-competitive dealer in the Philly area that has sold and delivered Fujitsu's to several of us in the NYC area. I would certainly recommend them. Ken Ross also has a good dealer out on Long Island. Between the two of them I would bet you can find a deal that makes you happy, and lets you sleep better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your comments.

I have an interesting update. The bottom line is that I would avoid doing business with PlasmaHouse/Shopsunshine/Cyber Discount Warehouse. Apparently they are all related somehow, and are scammers.

I ordered my Fujitsu from them in early September, and just cancelled the order. My experience was similar to many of the negative posts that you can read on epinions and other online comparison sites. They do have great prices, and claim to have items in stock that will ship in 24 hrs. At least for my purchase, this was not the case. In fact, they would continually lie to me about how it was "shipping today" guaranteed, or how it was already in New York and I should be getting a call from the delivery person at any moment. Meanwhile, it is closing in on one month, yet no delivery.

Needless to say, I was on the phone with them every day over the last 2 weeks since they charged my Amex the day I ordered the item. I would consistently ask for a tracking number of the shipper, and would always get some excuse as to why they could not provide a tracking number, name of the shipping company or telephone number.

I finally cancelled the order and reported the situation to American Express, who immediately credited my account and who plans to contact shopsunshine about the situation. The hilarious part about it is that an hour after I cancel, I get a call from them about how they were able to move some other customer orders around, and were able to acquire the Fujitsu for me to be delivered tomorrow - guaranteed! Wait a minute...I thought you said it was already shipped and in NY?! I may have had poor judgement in trusting this company with my purchase, but I am not that stupid.

And, the fun part about it, is that I was recording each of the conversations that I had with them!!

My take-away on their business practices is that they can deliver occasionally as I have read success stories even from this forum. However, they seem to lie about having items in stock, and attempt to stall you as long as possible by giving you the run-around while they attempt to acquire the product. This way, they save on the cost of carrying inventory, and do not need to invest much in working capital, since they charge your card immediately, and then use the cash to acquire the product.

Anyway, the business practices are unacceptable which brings into question how legitimate they are as a business. This organization cannot be trusted with a $7000 purchase, particularly when they are paid upfront.

I am now back in the market for a Fujitsu P42HHA10WS. Can anbody recommend a reputable dealer that will give a reasonable price, and who I can contact over the phone?

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Interestingly if you check the eBay feedback for Sunshine it is pretty good. They sell a lot of expensive A/V stuff and do a tremendous volume as well. I don't doubt that a lot of what has been said about them is true regarding in-stock and shipping time problems. Perhaps buying through eBay provides better service since they've published the 'in-stock' status of their items and are subject to eBay's rules and penalties if they misrepresent items they auction. But reading through their feedback ratings shows they have a 95% positive feedback rate and many very satisfied buyers. It's the old risk-reward connundrum--if you want the very lowest price it seems like you may have to take a greater risk with the seller. I'd prefer to buy my plasma from one of the AVS sponsors, but none of them sell the consumer model I'm interested in. My feeling is that with both eBay and credit card company protection, this may be a viable way to buy a plasma.

Chuck

Chuck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad to hear that you got your CC refunded! I dont trust most of those internet dealers - your best bet is to see if any of your local B&M stores will price match any of your internet prices... Luckily for me my local Sears will price match any internet price plus 10% of the difference. I was able to score the 42" panny consumer model for less than $3K and still have a local retailer to go to incase of any problems - the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
another one to avoid (since we're discussing it) is LetsGoDigital (they have other names as well). I didn't try to buy a plasma from them, but a Sony ES receiver and dvd player (about a $1400 purchase)....

They kept promising it would ship, saying it was on the load dock ready to go, fell off the truck and didn't make it out, etc, etc.

Sounds like the same sort of "business" practices...

Cancelled my order, contacted my CC company, and bought locally.

Rich

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I bought a pioneer 50 inch plasma from plasmahouse(5080hd) for my parents. Communication was not great and the trucker did not want to help me take the set off the truck(cost me another 25 bucks).But the set did come at the lowest price I found and they sent great installers who installed it on the wall and snaked the wires behind the wall. The set is beautiful and my parents could not be any happier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like there have been some positive experiences with them as well.

My experience was obviously different. I guess some e-merchants can be risky.

Now they are trying to charge me a "restocking fee" and shipping costs.

But I just informed them that I had recorded the prior telephone conversations.....

My advice when dealing with a vendor that you are unsure of:

Make sure you cover yourself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I work at shopsunshine. Please allow me to clear up some misconceptions that were stated in this thread.

Cyber Discount Warehouse is a parent company of Shopsunshine.

We are not and have never been affiliated with "Plasmahouse"

"GordonG" ordered a Fujitsu 42hhA10 . He was scheduled for delivery the week of 9/22/03. We were finally able to get "GordonG" his 42HHA10 delivered to him this afternoon, he decided instead to cancel the order.

If "GordonG" wants his Fujitsu 42HHA10 DELIVERED TOMORROW, he can have it. In fact we were willingot give him an additional 5% off as a result of the week delay.

We are an honest company, we have been in business for 8 1/2 years. Are we perfect? no. We do the very best we can.

We currently have 62 of the P50XHA10 model in stock and 28 of the 42HHA10 model in stock.

Thank you for your time.

·
Super Moderator
21,603 Posts
shopsunshine

Quote:
Originally posted by shopsunshine

We currently have 62 of the P50XHA10 model in stock and 28 of the 42HHA10 model in stock.

Thank you for your time.
please confirm you have these in your inventory and are an authorized dealer

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.