1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
140" wide projection system and D-BOX gaming interface. I have the Envidia 3D system but I cannot shoot that kind of frame rate with my existing projector.

Lucky for me my oldest is only 5.

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Wow, I just noticed my projector is able to shoot up to 120Hz. Guess it is time to try out 3D on the really big screen.

·
Premium Member
12,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbijean /forum/post/16905550

And just think when I was a kid I used to watch a 9 in. black & white and I was Happy!

That would have been in early 50's??

·
Registered
27,351 Posts
I tried gaming on my previous 10' wide screen. It was cool but simply too big to concentrate on for longer periods of time.. With a small screen, you need not move your head around so much and can concentrate better off what.s on the screen. WIth a large screen, its too much work... But that's just me. Gaming sitting 15' back from my 58" plasma is more fun and easier.

·
Registered
772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbijean /forum/post/16905550

And just think when I was a kid I used to watch a 9 in. black & white and I was Happy!

So true. IME the further you go up the ladder the more difficult it becomes to be happy.

·
Registered
614 Posts
With your theater Art I think that applies to just about anyone. A little OT but did you ever manage to find a copy of A Fistful of Dollars on BD?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Speaking of queasy there's no way I could stomach looking up and watch, let alone play, a video game. Maybe it's all part of the conspiracy. Sure son, we'll spend $8,000 installing a media system you can't use for more than 30 minutes at a time.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
This just in: Teenager has gone to rehab to get off a bad crack habit that mom enabled.

·
Registered
845 Posts
As the theme in many of Michael Crichton's book states: "Sometimes science does something because it can without thinking if it should do it."

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Great replacement for the standard bachelor pad ceiling mirror. I had thought of the decorating option ever since the Panasonic 103" Plasma's came out. Having one of those on the wall, women would remark that it sure is the quintessential bachelor pad, me would then be quick to quip 'not quite, I couldn't get insurance to screw one to the ceiling', LOL.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn /forum/post/16906791

No but could you send me yours please ...just for the weekend?

Art

Fox didn't release it, after the video based restoration in 2007? http://digitalcontentproducer.com/mi...luray/?smte=wl

You could order it from Italy, the first pressing was a collector's edition, that sold out, but they did a 'regular' second pressing, according to the folks at this forum: http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...oct-8th-3.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts