• Sssssss

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Surf Nazi's Must Die

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Balzac

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Rat Phink A Boo Boo

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Can Hieronymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness?

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Snakes on a Plane

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Terror

Votes: 19 20.4%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a previoius post about Worst Movie Titles Ever (thx markeetaux)...

I had to put a poll together.

Remember, this is for worst title ever.

...not most overrated.

have fun voting!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Ive seen a few of these, notably Surf Nazis must die.. terrible! All bad names though... 2nd vote goes towards ECKS VS SEVER

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Ecks vs Sever.

What was the producer thinking?

With a title like that, no wonder it bombed.

Read the title once and 30 seconds later I can't recall it!

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
They are all bad, except Snakes on a Plane.

On the surface the title is pretty bad, but that title is what made it so popular. So yes, as a movie Title probably not very good, but from a marketing standpoint, it was Brilliant

·
Registered
385 Posts
How dare you not make it simple for all of us with an 'All of the Above' option!?!? :p

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Voted for Surf Nazi's.

Everyone knows Nazis dont surf, they ice skate. When will Hitler On Ice be finished?

·
Registered
192 Posts
"Polish Vampires in Burbank"

Of course, there's the F-movie classic "Plan 9 from Outer Space".

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting responses so far...

Funny, Snakes on a Plane and Night of the Day of the..... are 2 of the best movie titles ever, IMHO. You know what you're going to get with those titles (not that you need to know what you're going to get before seeing a flick).

I came across another while surfing.

Only came out in 2003....

Monsturd

again, i think we could argue that this might be the best title also. I just had to mention it. I think I'm still laughing

After seeing the cover art for that one on imdb.com, I need to rent it.

It will be horrible, but I just need to see a monsturd. I don't know why, but I do.

I guarantee there will be no bathroom breaks during the screening of that film.

Does that mean I get to laugh out loud if an INTERMISSION screen pops up half way through it?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Did we ever talk about Rambo: First Blood 2?? Wouldn't have that made the next one Rambo II: First Blood 3?? That's not a movie, it's a hockey score.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey, check out this site.

There's a few on this list that I should have put in the poll

www.unknownmovies.com

how about...
The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit

or
...tick...tick...tick...

or
Laserhawk, not Ladyhawke, but Laserhawk

I think we should put up a head to head of

Sssssss

vs.
...tick...tick...tick...

·
Registered
453 Posts
I had to go with Snakes on a Plane. When I saw the trailer in the theater, and the title came up, the audience just giggled. Samuel Jackson & all the internet hype in the world couldn't have saved the movie from such a crappy title.

IMO, any sequel title doesn't count.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad139 /forum/post/0

Samuel Jackson & all the internet hype in the world couldn't have saved the movie from such a crappy title.

Hollywood insiders were excited about the Internet "chatter" and issued big predictions of success based on it, but none of them actually read enough posts to realize that the "chatter" was actually people ridiculing the title and the whole concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad139 /forum/post/0

IMO, any sequel title doesn't count.

I think "Final Destination 2", where the title of the original movie precludes sequels, thus making the sequel's title self-contradictory, qualifies.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Fun with Dick and Jane - wasn't fun and the pseudo-clever name, wasn't

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - make him watch this retarded movie

10 things I Hate about You - similar problem or 10 things I hate about this movie

Alien vs Predator - just retarded, the PC game sucked, the idea sucks, name sucks

Gleaming the Cube - good skate scenes, even I as a skater of this generation had no idea what it meant

SW The Phantom Menace/Attack of the Clones - tacky, desperate attempt to appeal to the campy/cult fans, were the names or the movies worse? Tough call.

Superman 4: The Quest for Peace - if successful, death of a franchise, luckily the movie bombed, unluckily Superman Returns was made.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My favorite worst title is a movie I saw in high school, starring Dustin Hoffman!

Who is Harry Kellerman and why is he saying those terrible things about me?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Its gotta be Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever.

Some of those movies you only see because of the name. But with Ecks vs. Sever I just scratched my head... who's Ecks? Who's Sever? Am I supposed to know? Is this a sequel to some other crap movie I've never seen before?

I don't even know why Surf Nazis Must Die is on this list... What a great name. Tells you all you need to know - there are evil nazis who surf and they need to die. Classic Troma. The people who voted for this as the worst name must be surf nazis themselves

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I should have added Final Destination 2.

That is quite funny.

It's funny to see the types of responses.

Some people don't like a title that doesn't let you know what the movie is about, such as:
The Shawshank Redemption

The Hudsucker Proxy

Then you have people that don't like titles that are direct and to the point of what to expect:
Snakes on a Plane

Surf Nazis Must Die

Then you have a mix scenario where it let's you know what it's about but you have no idea who they are until you watch it:
Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever

To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

I think Final Destination 2 is in a category all by itself.

I haven't seen it, but the title is 'funny/horrible'

What else could that titile have been called?

What else do you do after you final destination?
Final Destination: The Other Side

Final Destination: We're not Quite Dead Yet

Final Destination: We Messed Up the First Time

Final Destination: Oops, we're like Kill Bill

Final Destination: The B-Grade Version with a lame Director who should stay as a Stunt Coordinator

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
'October Sky'

Obviously some 'suit' decided original title which actually explained what the movie was about needed to be changed to something which gives you absolutely no idea.

Chris.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.