AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a Panasonic CRT based HDTV. I'm not sure of the model but it is a 27 inch that does 1080i.

Anyway about a month ago I turned it on and had sound but no picture. I know it sounds like a simple description but that is pretty much it.

I am trying to determine if it's worth paying someone to fix this thing or to just buy a new TV. This one was only $500 new and I had it for about 2 years.

Anyone know what a repair might cost? I'm guessing that it is fairly major since there is no picture at all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello, are you talking about the ct-27hl14 or hl15 ?

From what I've heard, it's not worth repairing. But get an estimate first and then decide.

I own the hl14 myself, 18 months old, and still working. But based on numerous reports

I've seen on the web, quite a few experienced this failure at about the two year mark.

Dave

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well I bought mine from CC 18 months ago. I didn't see the bad reports

until I had it home for about 2 weeks. Instead of returning it,

I went back to CC and bought the 3-year extended warranty.

Now, if it breaks (and I expect it to), at least I'll get some help.

Dave

·
Registered
977 Posts
I don't know why a repairman has to overcharge the repairs to the customer. One time I brought in a Panasonic VCR with a G-chassis to do a belt change, he wanted $150 for it, even if the belt is located under the unit and only takes 30 seconds to replace. What is wrong with all the repairmen today? I would like an explanation.

·
Registered
338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourEyes /forum/post/0

I don't know why a repairman has to overcharge the repairs to the customer. One time I brought in a Panasonic VCR with a G-chassis to do a belt change, he wanted $150 for it, even if the belt is located under the unit and only takes 30 seconds to replace. What is wrong with all the repairmen today? I would like an explanation.

Just what would you like for an electronic technician to explain to you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seemed to work fine until it broke.
I did some reading on amazon and it looks like lots of people have this problem with this model. I'm going to add Panasonic to my list of junk manufactuers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.