AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found that I can get a better price of a set of JMLab 726V's with a matching CC700V then I had originally planned. Of all the speakers I have listened to I'm going to trust my ears and go with them. Here is what I listened too.

( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...22#post9526322 )

I have a problem though. I can get a better a deal on a set of 816V with a matching CC800V about $400 (CAN) more then the 716V set. However I can't demo them.

Do you think it is worth the extra money to upgrade?

·
Registered
7 Posts
same problem here...

not really decided to go for which yet?

716V?

726V?

816V?

Anyone who have heard all 3 first hand care to comment...

its seems that all you are paying extra for in the 800 series are a more reinforced cabinet with extra downward firing port and a case iron bottom...

so is it worth paying more for the "BOX"?

pls comments...

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
man i really wish someone with experience would answer the aforementioned post.

·
Registered
296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawaun da bomb /forum/post/0

Its easilly worth it,its a much much better speaker,by far!

I seem to recall reading threads that the drivers and crossovers are the same between the 700 and 800 series, only the cabinet was different. I've heard them both and I don't think the 816 is leaps and bounds better than the 716.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I wouldn't get neither after I had my first audition of AV123 Rocket Rs450's. the Rockets were hands down the more detailed speaker. I auditioned the 826's, they had great bass extension, but the highs on the 826's were not as detailed and clean to me. And then price there is no comparison. The Rockets are by far the best bang for buck speakers I have ever heard!

Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The focals have extremely detailed highs, that is the main draw of these speakers, Listening enviornment and associated equipment are also factors in what the person above heard, while Ive never heard Rockets I can only tell you that after receiving them you will be less inclined to ship them back and that would suck if you prefer the Focals

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.