AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now running a 3.1 setup while I decide where my rears are going to go (which could be a few weeks). In the mean time, is it worth it to bi-amp the Jamo towers or will there not be any noticeable difference?

If so, I assume the fronts go to the top posts, move the connector bars, and the bi-amp jacks go to the bottom posts?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Unless you are using active crossovers, the consensus here is no, passive bi-amping makes no appreciable difference.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only crossovers would be the ones in the Yamaha 671. I assume it would only make them louder since it provides more power, so not sure that is necessarily a benefit that alone makes it worth it.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The bi-weekly passive bi-amp query. Don't waste your time. No more power, no louder. Search for passive bi-amp in the speaker section, all your questions will be answered.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistersix /forum/post/20810131

Right now running a 3.1 setup while I decide where my rears are going to go (which could be a few weeks). In the mean time, is it worth it to bi-amp the Jamo towers or will there not be any noticeable difference?

If so, I assume the fronts go to the top posts, move the connector bars, and the bi-amp jacks go to the bottom posts?

Try it, nothing to lose and you'll then have your answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts