AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Panasonic X1 (720p) that I am quite happy with. At 8ft. I find the picture quality to be satisfactory and the colors are pretty accurate. As long as I occasionally reset the black level, I'm happy with using them as a baseline.

I was so impressed with the quality of what was an inexpensive television, that I planned to buy a ZT, VT, or ST but I just waited to long. Like I said, I am pretty happy with this TV and was only motivated by the Panasonics going end of life. But I got the bug...

I looked at the F8500 and I know that it is leaps and bounds better than the lower end Samsung models. I don't need to have the best when I'm pretty happy with this X1. I would however like a 1080p set that would better connect to a PC. Watching the timer test on the F8500 seems like there is too much lag for games.

So here is my question. The F5300 is a steal, has decent input lag, and isn't an LCD. Aside from the obvious increase in resolution, will the F5300 be a huge improvement over my current set? Is it going to have better blacks, colors, and motion (less ghosting)?

·
Registered
8,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaemish  /t/1523796/worth-updating-from-09-panasonic/0_100#post_24517055

So here is my question. The F5300 is a steal, has decent input lag, and isn't an LCD. Aside from the obvious increase in resolution, will the F5300 be a huge improvement over my current set? Is it going to have better blacks, colors, and motion (less ghosting)?

I replaced my a 2010 Panasonic C2 with an S60. I have also compared the S60 with the 5300 and although I like the S60 better, they both offer a huge improvement over my C2. So my answer to your question would be, Yes.

Ian

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have a 54g10 which i bought in june 09...picture is still good but the 65st60 has a better picture...obviously better blacks and color accuracy and of course bigger picture...

yeah i use both as pc monitors and the picture is a lot better than my laptop...1080p for computer use...you can see every follicles on those babes...

dew eet....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts