AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got JBL E90 fronts and EC35 center and I'm thinking of upgrading. I was looking for something around the following in terms of price range:

Monitor RS6 and matching center

PSB Image T45 and matching center

Ascend CMT-340SE and matching center

Just want to know if anyone has done a similar upgrade or if you think I might need to spend more to make it worthwhile. Also, if you have auditioned any of the speakers I mentioned then let me know what you thought and please let me know some good speakers in the same price range (not more than $800for the fronts alone) to add to the list. I ask because it is difficult to audition these speakers in my area.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'd add the Revel M12s to your list.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Right now i Have JBL Northridge E80 for front and EC35 for center. I plan on possibly keepig my rear since they aren't active much except for movies. Course I do game on PS3 and Xbox 360.

So I was so far considering these three.

PSB Image T65 floorstanding front and PSB C60 for center

Ed Audio A6 - 6T6 Tower with A6 - 6T6 - MTM Single center

Energy C-500 towers with Energy C-C100 center

I don't have a way to audition any of these and I know audio is subjective but all three of these seem to be a pretty good upgrade choice. I've had my northridge for about 4 years or so now but I want to make PCM audio from blurays sound the best they possibly can. And I know that front stage is probably more important than rears are since that's where most of the sound would be coming from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts