Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently setting up a moe theater and have the following:

Fronts: Paradigm Titans

Rears: Paradigm Atoms

Center: Paradigm CC-170

Sub: Acoustic Research PR1010

I am looking for a receiver that will work well with my existing speakers. I have looked at the Yamaha 1400, Denon 2803, and the Onkyo 701. I will be using the system 40% Music / 60% Theater Does anyone have any advice or helpful insight on the three receivers I have considered? Are there others out there I should check out?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yamaha does match well with Paradigm. I have listened to Paradigm Monitor 7's with a Yamaha RX-V1300 and they matched well. I have just gotten a 7.1 Monitor set-up only because I had to get a new TV aswell so I couldn't get the v3 Studios. When I ordered the system I got the Denon AVR-2803 only because the 1400/2400 are not avalable in Canada yet. Denon also matches well with Paradigm. I am getting the Monitor 11's for the fronts, Monitor 7's for the sides and rears and the CC-370 with the v2 PW-2200. Like I said both Yamaha and Denon match well with Paradigm, I have never listened to Onkyo so I can't say. Music wise I think the Denon is abit stronger and for movies they are both excellent but I think thats where the Yamaha excels.

Thats my 2 cents.

GOLDEN-EAGLE!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
You might want to check out Marantz as well....I know I'm very pleased with the sound be it music or DVD movies!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been running my Paradigms with a Yamaha receiver for almost five years now. I've never had any complaints about the matchup.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's too bad you already have the Paradigms (well, not really). I've talked to one of the head guys @ Axiom Speakers, and they use Yamaha amps and receivers to test their products.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dandavw,

Have you heard things that would lead you to believe Yamaha /Paradigm would not be a good fit?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not at all. I have heard many members speak of a good combination of Yamaha & Paradigm. Just wanted to throw out another option for you. Since you already have the Paradigm speakers, I would definitely suggest either the new RX-V1400 or 2400 Yamaha receivers. I am on my second Yamaha, and am about to purchase my third (the 1400 model). I think you have excellent taste in components and a very good start for a HT.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I drive my Paradigm Monitors with a Yamaha receiver as a pre-pro through a Sherbourn power amp and the combination sounds very good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.