AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Integra is an older model, but a local A/V dealer has a demo model for about $450 and I would like to figure out if I can support my local dealer and get myself an upgrade.

I do notice I would have to buy an iPod dock for it since we do use the iPod now and then. And I am okay with that.

But features and soundwise, would it be worth it?

Here are the two models:

http://integrahometheater.com/model....s=Receiver&p=f

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...vers/VSX-920-K

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner6 /forum/post/20816592

I know the Integra is an older model, but a local A/V dealer has a demo model for about $450 and I would like to figure out if I can support my local dealer and get myself an upgrade.

I do notice I would have to buy an iPod dock for it since we do use the iPod now and then. And I am okay with that.

But features and soundwise, would it be worth it?

Here are the two models:

http://integrahometheater.com/model....s=Receiver&p=f

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...vers/VSX-920-K

Thanks for the input.

Integra all the way! The Integras are know for there clean sound and extra power plus many other features. I've owned 2 Integras in 12 yrs. a DTR 8.2 and a recent buy of a DTR 40.2. Just my 2 cents. Plus I love the look of the Integras over pretty much everything out there.

Jeff

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than $200 for that 6.8. If it is BRAND NEW in the box and you are getting the original warranty...$300. But no way would I pay $450.

And yes and no it is an upgrade. If you can live with 2 HDMI and lack of 3D...then yes it is.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20817726

I wouldn't pay more than $200 for that 6.8. If it is BRAND NEW in the box and you are getting the original warranty...$300. But no way would I pay $450.

And yes and no it is an upgrade. If you can live with 2 HDMI and lack of 3D...then yes it is.

As I only have the DVR and a Blu-Ray, the two HDMI would be fine. And I have no need of 3D.

However, it was sold already.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Onkyo/Integra is well known for their QC problems in the last and current series....

I don't think if you would like a reliable system a Onkyo/Integra is the right choice right now

·
Registered
26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prietz0r /forum/post/20819613

Onkyo/Integra is well known for their QC problems in the last and current series....

I don't think if you would like a reliable system a Onkyo/Integra is the right choice right now

What problems ? Have had Onkyo 706 / 876 and now a Integra DTR 80.2. Never experienced any problems with them.

What you read on forums is overblown. There are alot more satisfied people without problems. But you never hear from them.

But the thing is on forums, is that people only ***** and whine.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritsen /forum/post/20819635

What problems ? Have had Onkyo 706 / 876 and now a Integra DTR 80.2. Never experienced any problems with them.

What you read on forums is overblown. There are alot more satisfied people without problems. But you never hear from them.

But the thing is on forums, is that people only ***** and whine.

Agree! Had a DTR 8.2 that I just replaced after 7 years with no problems. Wanted to clean up my wiring so went with a DTR 40.2 to take advantage of HDMI. And no problems with the 40.2. Integra makes an awesome product, period.

Jeff

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
Currently in my stable...

TX NR1007(those have a "problem" like all the x06and x07 did, but mine is still ticking) I bought used on Ebay for $355 cause they guy was "worried about it failing". Right now it is my back up. I'm undecided if I'll sell it.

Integra DTR 8.8, this one is the "biggest offender" of the heat accusations. It and its Onkyo twin get hot enough at reference levels to be camp stoves.

Integra DHC 80.2 which my serial number falls outside the "known list", but fingers are crossed. If it goes in for an issue, I'll use the 1007 in the meantime. Main reason for not selling the 1007.

Also have a Denon 4810.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Exactly

At forums there are more problems of course.

But the heath that the Onkyo's produce are just a fact, they get very hot when playing them loud. Which could lead to problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.