AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Vigatec Dune that can accept a progressive input. Currently I have an SDI modded Technics player into the Dune and I love the sharpness but I still have occasional artifact. I was wondering if I used a Panasonic RP-82 into the Dune whether the artifact would be gone?

If the picture would be artifact free then I will have to decide whether it is worth the improvement to give up SDI. Has anyone tried anytrhing like this? Advice?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
A few people tried this, but I don't see the point.

If the RP82 with an analog progressive output surpasses the Dune, then I would also try to hook it up directly to the screen.

Scaling progressive signals is something that's not so difficult to do. So, the effectiveness of the scaler is essentially lost. In fact, some screens could produce a better image without the scaler altogether...

The scaler is most effective when it is used in both the deinterlacing & scaling options. Try to take the scaler out of the equation and see how effective it is.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ofer,

I don't think that 480p would do the trick with my Barco FPTV. That would be too much of a quality loss.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.