AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
The difference between 60hz and 120hz is huge. It's just not sports but action movies. Actually action movies have faster moving scenes. With the prices so low these days doesn't make sense to buy obsolete technology

·
Registered
33 Posts
The prices may be dropping ever so slowly, but a $100-$200 price difference between the 120Hz TVs and their 60Hz counterparts is still pretty steep, and not everyone can so easily afford it. Personally, looking at the two in a store, it's difficult to discern the benefit of 120Hz - you'll see 60Hz televisions right next to them that perform just as well. Although judging from a store is never the best idea, so maybe I'm totally loopy.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think 120Hz is worth it for any fast motion viewing. 240Hz however to me looks too fake and animated, 120Hz seems to be the sweet spot. But, that's in the eyes of the beholder.

But 60Hz does just fine as well for casual viewing, but you may see the "blur" effect in any sort of fast motion/explosions/etc.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobenet /forum/post/19599754

I think 120Hz is worth it for any fast motion viewing. 240Hz however to me looks too fake and animated, 120Hz seems to be the sweet spot. But, that's in the eyes of the beholder.

But 60Hz does just fine as well for casual viewing, but you may see the "blur" effect in any sort of fast motion/explosions/etc.

If you see the blur then how is it acceptable? Any discerning viewer doesn't want that nor will accept it

·
Registered
12,649 Posts
I DON'T see any huge difference between a 60Hz LCD and a 120/240Hz LCD unless you're looking for the soap opera effect. Avoidng 2:3 pulldown with 24p sources is one minor improvement but blur reduction controls create their own set of artifacts and other PQ issues. Overall, NOT A HUGE DEAL whether you get 60Hz or 120/240Hz. It's mostly a gimmick aside from avoiding 2:3 pulldown with 24p sources.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts