AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the researching phase for my next home theater system. I have almost decided on the Denon 3808ci and would like opinions on speakers to go with it. 5.1 around 1000 to 1500 dollers. Just would like to hear some opinions on what is good in this price range. use 1/3 music, 1/3 movies and tv, and 1/3 video games

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
My standard reply, take advantage of the KEF iQx selloff (they are being replaced with the iQx0 line).

- fronts, iQ7 from Vanns $400 / pair (black, maple or walnut)

- centre, iQ2 from Vanns $100 (walnut) or $150 (black, maple)

- rears, iQ1 from Vanns $250 (black) or accessories4less (black, walnut)

sub, SVS PB10-NSD or HSU STF-2 or eD A2-300 or Paradigm DSP-3100/3200 or Epik Valor or Knight

If you would consider other than Denon, accesories4less has a great package with a Marantz4002 and 5.0 KEF system for $1100. If you need power after that get an Emotiva or other amp.

Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for....bookshelf or floorstanding. SVSound would be a good start for bookshelf. Floorstanding....Infinity P362 and Polk RTi8 when its on sale at Frys. KEFs as stated above. Lots of options...depends on what type of sound you preferred.

·
Registered
742 Posts
1. Buy speakers first.

2. Buy receiver that matches the requirements of your speakers.

Why paint yourself into a corner where you now must match speakers to a receiver?
The speakers are the most important link in the chain.

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterankoman /forum/post/15574755

1. Buy speakers first.

2. Buy receiver that matches the requirements of your speakers.

Why paint yourself into a corner where you now must match speakers to a receiver?
The speakers are the most important link in the chain.

This man is correctamundo.
Buying a receiver first is bass-ackwards. Fortunately, the receiver being discussed is pretty good.

"I just bought a great set of wheels and tires...now what car should I buy to go with them??"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts