Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am currently driving a BG801s @ 1152 X 864 @ 72hz using a HTPC with BE6 motherboard, PIII 500, Matrox G400, SBLive, Win98SE and WinDVD 2.6.4. I have been using this config for over a year now and it has been very stable. Leave PC on 24/7, WinDVD continuously launched, just insert DVD and play! Do a reboot about once a month to keep things in line. I would like to try a Radeon Video card to see if it improves my PQ but am very reluctant to mess with this very stable system. Can I install a PCI Radeon without destroying my current config and test it still being able to fall back to current set up? If so what is best procedure?

Thanks, Don

·
Registered
653 Posts
I had a Geforce 2MX graphics card and had no problems switching over to the Radeon under WinME. I simply uninstalled the Geforce drivers, removed the card, and installed the Radeon and its drivers. WinDVD worked perfectly after the switch. I had far greater problems when trying to switch from a LIve to an Audigy soundcard.

If you're really worried, back up your system using Norton Ghost or DriveImage or something similar, or buy a spare hard drive, swap the drives, and install everything on the spare hard drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.