AVS Forum banner

Would you be more excited about Paramount's releases with lossless audio?

• YES - I would be more keen on Paramount's upcoming releases if they had lossless audio

Votes: 106 81.5%
  • NO - It would not affect me either way

Votes: 24 18.5%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would Paramount releases excite you more if you knew you were going to be able to enjoy lossless audio on them, whether it be PCM, DTS-MA or TrueHD?

Please vote and post and answer as well so we can get lots of responses. I'm sure someone here will know an insider from Paramount or someone that might bring this thread to their attention if it's rather lopsided in favour of YES.

Paramount, you are the only studio left that hasn't released a lossless track or announced an upcoming release with lossless audio on your Blu-ray Disc releases. Please consider using a lossless audio format in the near future.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I voted a big YES. Please.... we have High Defenition Pitures off these discs... give us the Audio too!

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
While I haven't yet decided which HDMI preamp to purchase, it would certainly increase the movie buying potential for me based on what information was on the disc for future reference concerning lossless audio. As REFLEX said, we've got the picture, now we need the sound. I'm ashamed to admit it, but many of my movie purchases have been based on sound quality reviews. Regardless of how good the movie was. Since I have a three year old, it seems like I can only watch short demo scenes now, anyway. But, the short answer to your question, yes.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha24 /forum/post/0

I'd be more excited if they actually announced more MOVIES for release.

seriously, wtf was up the 4 total movies announced at CES?

I hear ya! I hope a ton of good announcements are right around the corner.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg /forum/post/0

I hear ya! I hope a ton of good announcements are right around the corner.

A ton? I'd settle for a lot less.......From either format

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by theforce8686 /forum/post/0

Well it seems Lossless audio is winning. Can someone explain what that is? I have 72 BD discs and a Sony 7.1 Receiver. All of the audio sounds good to me.

Lossless audio are discs with either PCM, TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio on them.

How do you have the sound going into your receiver? What player are you using?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
No, for me. I'm more intrested in what movies and the pic than fretting about audio at this point.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.