AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I basically want to add another set of fronts. Same exact speakers I have there now. One pair is at the bottom side of the screen now, and I wanted to add another set at the top side of the screen.

I have the existing bottom fronts using the speakers post on the receiver and the receiver internal amp. Then I want to take the front out using the RCA and run them to my external amp, then connect the top front speakers to that. This way I get the same sound out on the top as the bottom but driving the top with an external amp.

Any reason why I couldn't do this?

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I basically want to add another set of fronts. Same exact speakers I have there now. One pair is at the bottom side of the screen now, and I wanted to add another set at the top side of the screen.

I have the existing bottom fronts using the speakers post on the receiver and the receiver internal amp. Then I want to take the front out using the RCA and run them to my external amp, then connect the top front speakers to that. This way I get the same sound out on the top as the bottom but driving the top with an external amp.

Any reason why I couldn't do this?

There is no reason that you can't do that.

Unless you already have a lot of the gear and this is a real cheap way for you to go, I suspect that you would get better sound by just buying a a better-quality pair of tower speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts