AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,937 Posts
That Sony is nothing but boomy loud. What's your budget and do you have size restrictions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash /forum/post/17033869


That Sony is nothing but boomy loud. What's your budget and do you have size restrictions?

this sony isnt to bad , but id say about $250


i was also thinking of the bic f-12 sub but the "heavy duty" surround scares me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomslayer3 /forum/post/17037129


this sony isnt to bad , but id say about $250


i was also thinking of the bic f-12 sub but the "heavy duty" surround scares me

The surround has nothing to do with being scared. You control the volume of the sub.


Do you live in an apartment?


Most people on this forum like a big surround, because that typically means the sub can either play loudly or play the deeper notes, (or both).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i live in a appartment, my tennets like it when i play my music cause it shakes there appartment too



basicly i just want somthing that will let me feel the bass more than i do with my sony, and i hoping a 12" ported sub will let me do that (my sony is sealed but has 2 10" drivers)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,633 Posts
Just about everyone that has or had the H100 have been impressed with it. It isn't up to the more expensive subs, but it appears to be one of the best budget around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,327 Posts
I think that any of the subs you are considering will be an improvement. Not that the sony is a bad sub. Just not the same as the ones you are looking at. I think you will be amazed at the difference once you make the change. I would not get concerned with the surround in that sub you where questioning. It looks beefy. I would also not be overly worried about the wattage specs still being close to your sony sub. Its sort of like comparing apples to oranges. The wattage may be similar but the end product will be different. Upgrading from your sony should be an improvement to your system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,468 Posts
Agreed with everything said here the H-100 would be a nice upgrade from what you have. The H-100 is getting harder to find now though, also look for the F12 which is a newer version and basically the same specs and performance level. It doesn't have the Piano gloss top though if that matters to you. If you want the gloss top look for the PA-120 but it generally runs a few more bucks than the F12.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman02 /forum/post/17042345


Agreed with everything said here the H-100 would be a nice upgrade from what you have. The H-100 is getting harder to find now though, also look for the F12 which is a newer version and basically the same specs and performance level. It doesn't have the Piano gloss top though if that matters to you. If you want the gloss top look for the PA-120 but it generally runs a few more bucks than the F12.

this is were i found it
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...6/product.html


i wasnt too worried about power as long as it was above 100 watts

but i might just go with the f12 i was on the thread for it and alot of people seem to like it, another sub i was considering was an infinty ps210, but iv seen alot of reviews of the amps blowing up, and i would love to go with an svs, or an hsu sub but there a bit out of my price range, so ill go with an hsu designed sub



btw this will be running og a h\\k avr 135, i know its kinda old (2005) but i love it




and the only reason i was worried abou the surround is iv always bought speakers with rubber surounds because they tend to last a bit longer all 6 of my suurounds have rubber surrounds ( 4 bic dv62si and 2 dv62clr for the centers)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomslayer3 /forum/post/17042768


this is were i found it
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...6/product.html


i wasnt too worried about power as long as it was above 100 watts

but i might just go with the f12 i was on the thread for it and alot of people seem to like it


btw this will be running og a h\\k avr 135, i know its kinda old (2005) but i love it




and the only reason i was worried abou the surround is iv always bought speakers with rubber surounds because they tend to last a bit longer all 6 of my suurounds have rubber surrounds ( 4 bic dv62si and 2 dv62clr for the centers)

Don't worry, you'll be quite happy with either of these subs. Regarding the low end extension of the Sony, I would be absolutely stunned if you were to measure it and verified that it's actually "flat" (-3dB) to 20hz. I would literally bet $ that it runs out of steam much higher - say the 35hz region (and that's saying something, I'm pretty stingy!).
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top