AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Spent a while researching, but haven't found someone who has actually done this. I have a Logitech Z 2300 systems, works great, but no WIRELESS remote control makes it a pain, and the current WIRED remote is on its way out (main problem with the Z 2300)

From the wiring I found (see below), pin 1 is the Sub signal, and pin 3 would be signal ground.... So the sub output from the receiver would be; + to pin 1 and - to signal ground. As for the satellites I would just wire normally + to +, and - to - ........ Based on the info given, would I run into any issues ? As for the receiver I'm thinking the Yamaha RX V-575..... It's not the greatest setup but for what I'm looking for right now its perfect... Any feed back would be great, Thanks

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
How did you determine that pin 1 is a sub signal..... that's not my read on the limited diagram. It would appear to be a line signal.

I would just save up a "few more pennies", get the receiver and some speakers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Speaker cost isn't the issue, they work great, why replace it... that's the whole point of this tread... As for how I got the info, someone online posted a PDF he created after pulling it apart to fix a controller issue

For anyone else that is wondering, Inputs below. Thanks

Pin 12: Left Input

Pin 6: Right Input

Pin 1: Subwoofer Input

Pin 3: Audio Ground

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The "replace the speakers" was a suggestion. Anyways, I don't think that your read on the "circuit" is correct or there is info missing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwich  /t/1521377/would-this-work-with-an-yamaha-rx-v575#post_24455790

I don't think that your read on the "circuit" is correct or there is info missing.

What makes you say that ? (sorry but vague replies makes it harder to figure out).... what info/specs do you need ?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Not vague... I asked you how did you determine that pin 1 was the sub input which you say it is.... you didn't answer that question. I don't see that anywhere... hence the question and comment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Said I got the info, from someone online who pulled it apart..... You still haven't explained why you think sub input is wrong (what is pin 1 then ?).... Saying "that's not my read " is pretty vague lol ....

Source -> http://blog.jseaber.com/2010/02/27/logitech-z-2300-control-pod-disassembly/

I think this topic isn't really for this forum, will try different forum... Thanks

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I think you didn't read my reply... I said I read it as the line signal.... not sure how much more I can say. Anyways, you are making it more difficult than it needs to be. Just hook the sub output to the input pin (R or L... it doesn't matter),.... it doesn't care whether you are sending it a full signal or just a sub signal... an input is an input. Cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts