AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After reading through the forums tons to get a good idea of everything, I think I have a decent and very cheap setup. What do you think?

yamaha ymc-500

(I know its very underpowered but my apartment living room is very small and do not ever plan on blasting music)

and

jamo a340pdd.3

I will pretty much only use this system for use with a PS3, 95% Movies 5% games and music

I am really looking for some advice on this system, I am worried about damaging the speakers with the low power, but if everything will work fine I will definitely pull the trigger barring some receiver I have overlooked!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
If you aren't ever going to blast it then low power won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/20771562

Read the reviews on the Yamaha YMC-500 receiver before you buy it. If you decide you want it you'll be able to get the whole setup for around $300. Newegg keeps putting that receiver on sale for $99-124 pretty frequently.

yamaha YMC-500
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882115211

I was hoping you would comment! Thats exactly what I was planning on getting, the price is so hard to beat! I think its everything i need? I really will only be using a ps3 hooked up to it, I do not even have cable, I am just completely confused on these wattage ratings and if will be able to fill my small room with good sound.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
There isn't a whole lot of difference between receivers in that price range.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
It has more to do with which options you prefer on the receiver as opposed to the way they sound. They'll pretty much sound the same or really close to the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.