AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on the RCA D34W20 and found less than stellar reviews. I have found an "out of the box display" unit for $1300. I really did'nt want to spend more than $1000 on a new TV right now. I was looking at a 32" Samsung HD originally. Would it be worth it to up the extra $300 to $400 for the RCA?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by carguy
I did a search on the RCA D34W20 and found less than stellar reviews. I have found an "out of the box display" unit for $1300. I really did'nt want to spend more than $1000 on a new TV right now. I was looking at a 32" Samsung HD originally. Would it be worth it to up the extra $300 to $400 for the RCA?

Thanks in advance.

do it if they throw in a service plan.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one else has an opinion?! If you could please help, it would be greatly appretiated. I need to make a move soon before its gone. Do you think the Samsung is a better HDTV?

·
Registered
172 Posts
go to ebay, search 34pw9818. One of the results will be a 34" hdtv for 1550 shipped. Click on this listing, then click on show sellers other auctions. They sell refurbed phillips hdtvs. Some others on this forum have baought from them and seem very happy. I just ordered the 9818 and am awaiting shipment from the factory. They have a number of models and there may be on closer to your price range from a company with a better rep than rca.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds good and all, but after you add $200-$300 for shipping you right back up there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Carguy, I'm the perp that turned people at AVS onto Harton Innovations, the reseller mentioned in Frans post.

Read what Fran said. That price is for the 9818 *delivered* with full factory warranty. In my case, $1550 got a refurbed Philips 34" into my family room, and a $20 tip got it unboxed and hoisted onto my stand. This is a screaming deal. The set looks perfect and has been absolutely great.

All this seller's sets are free delivery. They have the smaller Philips HD models available too. You should be able to get a MUCH better 32" HDTV from them than the Samsung you're contemplating, possibly under your stated budget price. From my own experience, I'd say to stay away from RCA.

If you want to know more, pm me or Fran.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.