AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, everyones got thier shorts in a wad over the ps3 slim. I dont understand why. Its still akwardly shaped. I have one, the regular piano black one, and it was fine. I dont stack my componets so its shape was not a big deal to me. The new one looks cheaper to me, as opposed to a higher end peice of electronic magicry.

Would you want the 360 redesigned at all? I dont think I would want mine smaller. Shoot, id rather it came in a box twice as big filled with cooling fans and ice cubes. (obviously the kind in the plastic that you re-freeze. wouldn't want the ice cubes to melt and short out the boards. duh) Im tired of RRoD.

If anything, I would prefer they make a version of both the 360 and the ps3 in a regular sized black box, with a nice gloss front. Have all the lights behind some tinted glass in the front with a regular disc tray. Would look nice and classy. I'd actually pay a bit over normal price for that.

And it would have to be rack mountable for those of you so lucky to have racks.

thoughts?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I'd love an Xbox 360 Micro. That would mean the motherboard was re-designed. It really could not be worse than the current one. lol

·
Registered
10,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinn3sS /forum/post/17022847

... seriously?!?!?

lmaooo

·
Banned
9,953 Posts
The main reason for the slim is smaller components, heat reduction, power usage reduction, ect; thus cheaper to build.

I think people are happier at the price cut, then what the system looks like.

I don't see why MS wouldn't want to in the future. They're making sure they got their heat issues squared away most likely before they move on to putting it all in a smaller box.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
My Jasper runs very cool, so I think the next chipset (unified cpu/gpu aka Valhalla) would be able to handle a smaller enclosure. However, to make it slimmer, MS would have to redesign the HDD system. If that coincidentally allows us to use any laptop HDD, I'm all for it.

·
Banned
9,255 Posts
Hell, no! You can't even avoid RRoD with the gargantuan Lian Li case! (It does NOT matter one iota if the motherboard is named after; an inert gas, a tiny bird, the first half of the name of the machine you have to use to reflow the damn thing, or the cousin of the friendliest ghost ever to be in a comic book.)

When MS can make the 360 in a handheld (with ZERO instances of RRoD) then I'll be impresed. If I live until 2039, it just might happen.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuycheap /forum/post/17023759

I don't see how you could ever redesign the system because it would compromise the ability to sell the addons. EG faceplates and hard drives.

are you kidding? ms would just sell new hard drives and new faceplates.

or they could have the hard drive dock somewhere on the top, in a recessed port.

and i dont see why people have such issue with the PSU.... i havent seen my PSU in like 3 years..... if it's gonna add heat inside the box, you can leave it out.

·
Registered
186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/17024128

are you kidding? ms would just sell new hard drives and new faceplates.

or they could have the hard drive dock somewhere on the top, in a recessed port.

Yes that sounds great splitting the market in half so if a new hard drive comes out the older owners are SOL or the retailers have to stock 2 versions of the same drive for the same console. The consumers won't be confused by that either. The Top dock either would look hideous or be a big waste of space.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
personally i'd just hope they let you install the drive internally... current users could be sent a tool kit to open their hard drive casing to insert it into the slim

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey if they make a new and slimmer Xbox 360 and could sell it cheaper then I'm all for it. Personally I have no complaints about the current Xbox 360 and PS3 and wouldn't really benefit from a slimmer design.

Although I am curious if the new PS3 is much more quieter. My PS3 does get a bit noisy after gaming or watching a Blu-ray after a while.

The noise from the Xbox 360 is much more bearable since most of it is from the DVD drive but I wouldn't mind it being a little more quieter either.

·
Registered
308 Posts
yes, a silent non-RROD xbox 360 would be fantastic.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
I could care less about a "slim" 360, but as mentioned I wouldn't mind seeing a unit that:

A) used less power

B) was quieter

C) failed less (although I've "only" had one 360 die on me).

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.