AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

May have a score at a brand new sealed 65-inch ST50 and was wondering if it's worth it. I understand Panasonic plasmas are a rare find nowadays, so I just wanted to hear your thoughts... even with the F8500, ST60,VT60, ZT60... would you buy the 65-inch ST50 right now if you did not own a plasma, or would you rather save or get a current model?

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuppers5  /t/1525132/would-you-buy-a-65-st50-if-you-could/0_60#post_24550323

May have a score at a brand new sealed 65-inch ST50 and was wondering if it's worth it.

Without knowing the price it's difficult to know if it's worth it or not.

And would you be buying it from a retailer who will provide you a receipt so you can qualify for the factory warranty? If it's a private party or clearance house, Panasonic will not warranty it.

Quote:
... even with the F8500, ST60,VT60, ZT60... would you buy the 65-inch ST50 right now if you did not own a plasma, or would you rather save or get a current model?

Personally i think the F8500 has better picture quality than the ST50 (which was plagued with a relatively soft image). I had a GT50 (same exact panel and filter as the ST50) and the softness always bothered me so i replaced it with a much sharper ST60. Some other folks either didn't notice the softness on the 2012 models, or it didn't bother them. But it drove me nuts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts