Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everybody,

It takes me a while to post here; I am reading this great forum for over a year, at least! This forum makes me want to go to the front projector world more and more.

Unfortunately, I can't afford most of the gear discussed here, so I am looking at the used market.

I have spotted a NEC MT800 that I could probably get under 1000$CND. I would like to know if this projector could be a nice little candidate for a very low budget HT? I have checked the specs on projector central and it's on the low light output side. Obviously, it can't light a 100" screen, but I am looking for a projector to replace my 50" rptv for DVD viewing. For daylight viewing, I would get a smaller direct CRT set.

Also, do you think it could be a problem finding replacement bulb for a projector this old?

Thanks.

Francois P.

P.S. I always have been a HT fan, but this forum brought me a *LOT* of useful knowledge; and an incurable urge to upgrade...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm with you there on the low to no budget range. I checked the specs on this unit. Does not compare to modern items, but if this is your budget, it will get you started. It will only be watchable at night or with NO ambient light, Hopefully it has a S-video input or you will use an HTPC with this unit. I personally would not pay more that $600 for this unit in perfect working order. It's better than my current projector, see setup below.

------------------

----------

My system - Please don't laugh!

Kenwood KR-V990D Receiver

Toshiba SD-2107 DVD Player

Pioneer CLD-D606 Laserdisc Player

Sony SLV-778HF HiFi VCR

Sony 35" Trinitron TV

Acoustic Research TSW-510 Main speakers

Infinity Center speaker

Boston Acoustics Rear in-wall speakers

Denon 8" subwoofer

Sharp QA-1650 VGA projection panel

3M 9550 4000 lumen overhead projector

Dalite 100" model B matte white

(And yes, the picture is very watchable for $500)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.