AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends told me to get a new Sony LED HDTV for PS3, because both are made by Sony and they should be perfectly connected without any input lag. It's pretty much like PS3 is designed to work flawlessly with Sony Bravia.

Is that true? I still can't agree with him, because I don't see any research about this.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORYUKENSF4 /forum/post/0

One of my friends told me to get a new Sony LED HDTV for PS3, because both are made by Sony and they should be perfectly connected without any input lag. It's pretty much like PS3 is designed to work flawlessly with Sony Bravia.

Is that true? I still can't agree with him, because I don't see any research about this.

Totally untrue! Your friend is incorrect....

·
Registered
Display: TCL 65R617, AVR: Denon X2300W, Source: PS4 Pro, Fronts: Infinity Primus 250
3,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORYUKENSF4 /forum/post/19596361

Lol, and still has horrible input lag? That's pretty dumb for Sony's engineering.

Nah, its pretty common in most LCD HDTV's. A few manufacturers use a specific panel type that has low lag, but it has the "worst" picture quality of the panel types available (viewing angles and black level etc). The manufacturers who are trying to give their TV's the best PQ available to try and match plasma as closely as they can, they use panels that have more input lag. Its due to the amount of processing going on. The more processing, the more lag. Its not really an issue with Sony's engineering.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite /forum/post/19596438

Nah, its pretty common in most LCD HDTV's. A few manufacturers use a specific panel type that has low lag, but it has the "worst" picture quality of the panel types available (viewing angles and black level etc). The manufacturers who are trying to give their TV's the best PQ available to try and match plasma as closely as they can, they use panels that have more input lag. Its due to the amount of processing going on. The more processing, the more lag. Its not really an issue with Sony's engineering.

If you're talking about IPS, it has a larger viewing angle than any other LCD panel type. Noone uses it in TVs because it's expensive, power hungry, and most importantly: videophiles consider the black level to be the single most important factor in displays.

Processing is the actually relevant issue for input lag; a high response time causes temporal blurring but does not significantly contribute to lag.

Although if you want to get technical, the worsening default processing lag is partly due to the poor pixel response times of PVA/MVA panels (knowing what pixels will be allows for more intelligent pixel overdriving.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.