AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this is an issue with my PAnny 42PC77U or all tvs but I noticed that all prime time local channels HD broadcasts vary widely!

Now before you all start droppin the hammer down on me, Im not reffering to broadcasts that arent really HD signals that are upconverted...Im talking actual HD broadcasts during primetime that for the most part are equivelant type of shows

For example, I was watching Grey's Anatomy on ABC tonight and its a true HD broadcast but it looked inferior in comparison to yesterday's NYCSI on CBS. I mean it wasnt even very close, the HD feed was so much more vibrant and crisper on my 720p TV then Grey's anatomy tonight which looked flatter less vibrant, a bit dull (for an HD broadcast). Why is there so much variance in HD broadcasts?...especially when they are similar 1 hr dramas?...shouldnt they all be using similar equiptment?

Why such variances??

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
no because they are different channels with different people producing them. They DONT have the same equipment. Some channels have better producers, cameras, and broadcasts than others. And some stations (overly) compress it more than others to take up less bandwith

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
what he said.

some of it is compression/trying to fit too many channels in a limited bandwidth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts