AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 35 foot dvi-hdmi cable in today, hooked it up between my 6600gt and my panny ae700U (as was reccomended to me in here). And after getting head out of my posterior forgetting that dual view is side by side monitors and whats needed to be used (htpc is in different room so had brain freeze on why no icons or task bar on the desktop since monitor wasnt sitting beside pj screen lol). Ran a dvd rip of superbit knights tale with divx player and went wow, followed by WOW. Might even be a better picture then my new OPPO puts out. I just need to trim back the slight overscan.

I did a test putting up a couple of my pc based games, looked decent on the 126inch screen. Tried putting up my main addiction shadowbane, and was wowed again. Im sorry to say I probably will have trouble trying to play SB on the projector. My two cats decided that they can not only see shadowbane on the screen, but they love it also. They spent the whole time trying to attack everything on the screen. LOL good thing screen is DIY from drywall, and both cats are declawed or what a fiasco that would be.

Had no problem setting it up at 720P.

You guys have much of my grattitude for all the information, help, and advice. Now that I know its going to do what I want it to I can go buy the sound cable that was suggested to be able to hear things.

By the way I bought the 35 foot dvi-hdmi cable from a vendor suggested here and was very leary about the extremely low price considerable less then $100.00( dont think were supposed to post prices), but man it works like a charm. Extremely heavy gauge cable to. I saw them listed in a post but not sure if they are a supporter so wont say their name

Once again thank you all for all the info, and putting up with some of us that are noobs in certain areas. I know what it feels like answering same type of questions over and over.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.