AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After following all the different treads in here on the HT1000 and talking to TOM about it, I finally made the leap. I am still in the process of setting up my room so I am currently projecting on to a 72"x96" screen. The screen is normally used to project montages for parties and such. A small business the wife and I have on the side. So the next step is to put the ceiling mount up and relocate all the equipment.

·
Registered
21,993 Posts
Congratulations Butch! Installing everything just the way you want it is a challenge, but fun too. I just completed my first permanently installed ceiling mounted home theater set up about 2 weeks ago with my HT1000. Not sure what was worse - installing the pj and cables on a open beam cathedral ceiling or the full weekend it took to change out a JVC stereo receiver for my first surround sound receiver and run / hook up all those speaker wires, but the result was worth it! HELP -I'm becoming addicted to watching movies on my HT1000 ( this week it was " black Hawk Down " night with the guys, followed by Gladiator )!

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
So hows the picture quality? I'd say smooth as glass and sharp as a tack. :)

AVS member Tom Blake was over last night for a demo. He sold his Marantz 12s2 because the thought of taking a big dollar hit had him worried. He just wanted a similar picture quality without the expense. His thoughts were the picture was right up there with the Marantz and the NEC covers the color green much better (The Shire scene).

Oh yeah, he ordered one from AVS this morning.

Enjoy

·
Registered
85 Posts
TOM,

You and Butch are KILLING me!!!!! LOL!! I want a res projector, HS10 or the HS20 or maybe even the new Sanyo Z2 or Panny 500 but you keep making me second guess myself. I am worried about the lower res panels of the NEC and have no where to see it in action in NJ! I wish someone could help a poor AVS member out........ :confused:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
AFter a whole month of owning the HT1000 and thanks to Guitarman's settings, I am still amazed at the picture quality. Just amazing.

DLP is not the horror it's made up to be by some (which is why I had gone the LCD route). Without good blacks, the rest of the colors lose their punch. Plus, with the D1, the picture is super-sharp. I am thinking I need to re-watch many movies again...

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
After 6months or so with the HT1000, I still look forward to watching movies with relish. In fact, I just turn it on to watch a few of may favourite scenes from various movies because the image quality is so good.

I had my previous pj - a Davis DLS8 for almost three years, but in 6months of owning the HT1000, I've done half as many hours. I may actualy get to having to buy a new lamp for this one. :)

I'm wondering what improvements the HT1100 will have though...

Gary.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Guys stop it. You are killing me too. I am itching to upgrade from my Plus Piano which I am still quite happy with using an FLD Daylight filter, DVI, HTPC and a Stewart Studiotek 1.3 gain screen.

All I can remember with my demo of the HT1000 was the deep blacks and the realistic colors. The HT1000 is at a price point whereby it would not cause you to lose any sleep over if you are thinking of up-grading in 2 to 3 years time.

The only problem with upgrading to the HT1000 for me would be what the hell do I do with my Plus Piano ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, got the ceiling mount up and the HT1000 attached to it. Sounds easy but was a challenge as my attic is a crawl as you go type. Next is to relocate all my current equipment into a closet, run the cables and order a screen.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Dave,

You need to set the aspect ratio for stretching the widescreen into full panel 4:3 but it is a radio button selection and the setting can be retained from viewing to viewing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by butchmac
Well, got the ceiling mount up and the HT1000 attached to it. Sounds easy but was a challenge as my attic is a crawl as you go type. Next is to relocate all my current equipment into a closet, run the cables and order a screen.
What size screen are you getting, and how far back is the projector from the screen.

Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.