AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
ravedog, in software development, when I see something that doesn't make sense, I start working around the edges of it to get more information. Just try some things:

- Plug your HD box in via composite cable to see if the color continues.

- I assume you have tried different component cables -- I the ones I got with the 151 caused an intermittent green cast.

- Unplug everything else from the TV. Unplug all your other components from the wall

- Try running a cord to a different electrical circuit (try first the TV, then the HD box -- but not both at the same time)

- Unplug anything that might generate RF: PCs, fluorescent lights, any electronic item

- Do you see the pink cast when the HD box is turned to a blank channel? Does it's menus appear pink? What about the TV's menus?

You get the idea. Try to eliminate potential external factors. Something might be putting RF into the air or the wiring. Perhaps there is a strong magnetic field near the TV/HD box.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey robbinn -

thanx for helping.... I manage to figure it out!!! I thre the AVAI disc up on a standard set of SMTPE color bars - on the DVD input - looked fine - on the imput i use for the HDTV receiver.... everything was basically 2 oversaturated colors - reds n greens....

i figured it had to be a cable...

it was - the blue cable was intermittent in its connection behind the wall - its not any more! it's fixed!!!! SO happy/

i did it before your response but what u said was good advice and would have helped me figure it out.

thanx for it!!!

wonder why turning the color down all the way to ZERO on that input still should reds n greens? u would think despite the INPUT problem that it would still manage to remove all the chroma based on it being set to ZERO...

thanx again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.