AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hat's off to DVDFile.com's Josh Zyber (Josh Z on avsForums, of course) for an brutally honest, albeit wholely subjective ;), thorough disection and analysis of the dvd Wings Of Desire. I don't know that I've ever read a better review of a dvd before. If the movie hadn't already put me to sleep once, I'd be willing to take a chance on a buy. Then again, because of this review I'll probably pop a NoDoze and it back into my player again sooner rather than later.

DVDFile review

·
Premium Member
16,978 Posts
Id like to see more reviewers cover their reviews like this and not be scared to tell it like it is just to kiss a%$ to the studio.

One reviewer I talked to said if they mentioned anything bad about the Disney titles they would be cut off and Disney would no longer send them titles.

I guess this kind of stuff defeats the purpose of the review.

Get rid of those kiss a%$ reviewers:mad:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Alan's getting grumpy, that's twice today he's used the a%$ word. Must be the lack of a breakthrough projector.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I saw the movie some time ago. I didn't recall until I read the guys synopsis of it. It did leave a lasting impression on me, it's not what I'd call a great movie but I liked the atmosphere and the idea behind it quite a bit. I would have to watch it again to recall the actual details of what I did and didn't like about it. There was a sequel I saw as well called Faraway so close or something like that. It was quite a bit worse than the original as I remember.

·
Registered
28,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RBO
Hat's off to DVDFile.com's Josh Zyber (Josh Z on avsForums, of course) for an brutally honest, albeit wholely subjective ;), thorough disection and analysis of the dvd Wings Of Desire. I don't know that I've ever read a better review of a dvd before. [/url]
Well gosh, you almost make me blush!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I read this review the day it was published

Outstanding. I bought the DvD and agree completely

Rob

Josh, when you blush will there be a red glow all around you?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Gouger
Id like to see more reviewers cover their reviews like this and not be scared to tell it like it is just to kiss a%$ to the studio.
My sentiments exactly.

From Josh's review any buyer will know exactly what to expect from this dvd. And that is what I think we all read them for. It really is the best review I think I have ever read, but that's just my subjective view. Judge for yourselves too. Congratulations Josh.

·
Registered
28,447 Posts
So here's what's shocking: American Cinematographer magazine gave a glowing review to this disc.

I'm dumbfounded by that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.