Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Domestic: $153,042,234 37.9%

+ Foreign: $251,000,000 62.1%

= Worldwide: $404,042,234

This is realy amazing.

First did Spiderman 3 now Pirates 3.

With a world-wide bringing in result of 401 million dollar within six days the third part of the pirates saga the most successful cinema start of all times put down.

And thus the record of Sony's “Spider-Man 3” with 382 million dollar, which was only set up few weeks ago, broken.

Great news for the upcomming sales figures for blu-ray also DVD, if you ask me

(sorry for my bad english)

·
Registered
536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dildatonr /forum/post/0

I thought I heard it didn't break the records they were hoping for or something? That it didn't reach some expectation or something.

Nah, some people thought it could do better, but it was going against Shrek 3 and SM3.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the 382mil for Spiderman 3 domestic box office? If that's the case Pirates doesn't even come close.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kits /forum/post/0

You are comparing POTC 3 world wide collections to SP3 US collections. SP3 did over $800M worldwide.

... in 25 days...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboJosh /forum/post/0

I hope the first 2 have been selling well on BD. I've seen a decent amount sitting on shelves, so I wonder if they haven't been selling as well as expected.

Most places I've seen have been constantly restocking. Odds are they got a lot of stock.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
The 3rd one didn't do anything for me, strip everything but the last 45 minutes and i'll be okay..

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I don't get the signature line MichaelHDDVD uses. It says "Toshiba HD-A2 ranked #1 on Amazon, a HD DVD player selling better than every normal DVD and Blu-Ray player. Sometimes the truth just hurts"

but we've been told that the attach rate for HD-DVD is significantly higher than Blu-Ray. So they've got the #1 player and they're #2 in sales. The truth most definitely hurts.

Oh, and why such a biased sig when coming to the Blu-Ray forum? I thought people weren't supposed to instigate fights?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy /forum/post/0

The 3rd one was a big let down for me.... I had really high hopes

Ohh well, Transformers should make me feel better.

Unfortunately for Us Michael Bay is in charge of Transformers

I'm hoping against hope that he doesn't rape Transformers like he's done with everything else he's done recently.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTheater /forum/post/0

I don't get the signature line MichaelHDDVD uses. It says "Toshiba HD-A2 ranked #1 on Amazon, a HD DVD player selling better than every normal DVD and Blu-Ray player. Sometimes the truth just hurts"

but we've been told that the attach rate for HD-DVD is significantly higher than Blu-Ray. So they've got the #1 player and they're #2 in sales. The truth most definitely hurts.

Oh, and why such a biased sig when coming to the Blu-Ray forum? I thought people weren't supposed to instigate fights?

Just his username is biased. Talk about your ultimate fanboy.

HD-DVD does have higher attach rate. That means this is the situation.

"Oh look honey, a high definition player for $300. Lets get it."

"Ok, sounds good"

Later on ...

"Where are all the good movies ? All i see are a bunch of old universal movies ?"

"Oh well, at least i can still watch my DVD's in 1080i
"

·
Banned
4,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper /forum/post/0

Unfortunately for Us Michael Bay is in charge of Transformers

I'm hoping against hope that he doesn't rape Transformers like he's done with everything else he's done recently.

Yes wormraper, I hope he doesn't rape Transformers either. Rape is bad.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Too bad great box office numbers don't necessarily translate to great movies.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.