AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
This has been covered at least 6 times today.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and so...what do you think about it?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am trying to get some serious responses with this post...tubes do have sonic advantages over solid state electronics. So, to all the audiophiles out there, would you buy this motherboard? I would like to listen to it if I ever get my hands on one of these units...

The AX4B-533Tube has an estimated street price of $215 USD and fully supports ACPI 1.0 and APM 1.2 specs; comes bundled with Norton Anti-Virus 2002 software; and features AOpen's standard three-year warranty. The AX4B-533Tube is available through all authorized AOpen channel partners. Detailed specifications and photos for website posting or publication are also available by request. More information on the AX4B-533Tube may also be found at: product spec.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I think this is the most asinine computer product to be released so far. Considering how adamant the "tubes sound better" crowd is in their opinions, how could any of them even think of using a computer as an audio device? Do they really think solid-state devices are OK as analog-to-digital and D/A converters, analog signal-selection devices and numerous other functions, yet these devices somehow can't do basic signal amplifying of those A/D/A-converted and -processed signals without screwing up the signals such that vacuum tubes will do a better job? This product truly boggles my mind... the first thing I had to check when I saw the announcement was "is it April first?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.