AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Guess they don't have much of a privacy policy...Jeez would I be pissed if I was on that page.

-Jon

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'm on the list.

And I'm glad that others are sharing their information to take some of the mystery out of the black hole known as the panamorph project.

--Les

·
Registered
305 Posts
Privacy policy? We (those of us one the list) sent our info to him, it was voluntary.

Jeremy

------------------

D-ILA, HTPC, HDTV, Panamorph(?)

I want Buffy in HDTV!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sorry. I misunderstood (not much info in the original post)...Thought that the company who you placed orders from was posting the info themselves...

In other words, I don't expect *you* to be able to go to Amazon and see how much I have spent when...I thought that was what I was looking at...

It still is kinda weird to me that I can see a list of people and how much they spent for something...If I had product, it makes a nice marketing list... http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

-Jon

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Parts of the page are voluntary. Other parts could certainly be seen as a privacy issue.

The pricing certainly should *not* have been posted, IMO. In fact, it may not even be accurate (it isn't for me).

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have no problem with any of mine info posted on this site, I even think it is neccessary to have something like that in this case, as we were kept like totaly in dark before..

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I asked him to post only by my "shodoug" name and he honored that.

It is not that I am a secret agent or anything, but I have a unique last name, and if someone searched for it, I would rather they not find me on the PUDS list. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif Searching for my family name returns only a couple dozen hits, and over half of those are for one brother.

If you want something corrected, let Rob know. I doubt he will mind one bit.

I really get the feeling that the list is there for customers to share info, just as it says at the bottom in the fine print.

If things had not gone so poorly for so long, I am sure he never would have started the site.

From looking at his home theater link, I can see that he has bought quite a bit of stuff, and I doubt he felt moved to start a site on the order progress of any other vendors.

Caveat Vendor.

Go Shawn Go. Make more panamorphs. Rah Rah Rah.

I think that list might even be an overall advantage to Cygnus. We can look and see how things are really going. If they are going pretty well, we will know it. I think that things are going to start going pretty well. In any case, I feel pretty well informed by this unofficial list.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mark,

Why did you sell yours? You seem to be an PQ fanatic like most of us, and from all of the reviews thus far, a Panamorph goes a long way in improving PQ. I hope you aren't that hard up for money.

Just curious...

Jeremy

------------------

D-ILA, HTPC, HDTV, Panamorph(?)

I want Buffy in HDTV!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
As a business person myself, I would never publicly post my business dealings with other customers, especially by name. Stating the price that they paid borders on the unprofessional.

Was it ever considered that some folks might not *want* the world to know that they bought one of these?

Maybe they compete with Cygnus.

Maybe they overpaid for the product.

They are intentionally unlisted.

Witness protection.

A/V dealer

Ex-Con

For Whatever reason they choose...

It is their right to keep their personal dealings personal.

If I bought one of these for $1800, I wouldn't want it broadcast that I paid three times more than many others on the list. Maybe that's just me.

I don't know how much of the pricing was inaccurate, but the listing next to my name was *not* the price that I paid for the product and is off by several hundred dollars. No, I did not get a *special* deal, either. I paid *more* than the price listed, and maybe I'm a little sore about the price that it appears I was *supposed* to get.

For many reasons, customers names and prices that they paid (especially when different!) should not be posted in a public place.

Mark

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Rob,

I may have made a big mistake...did I read in the privacy statement on that page that you are *not* affiliate with Cygnus?!?

I was under the impression that this was list was coming from Cygnus order information. If I am mistaken, most of my 'beefs' are unintentionally misdirected. Did you put in the effort to generate this list all on your own?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by milori:
I may have made a big mistake...did I read in the privacy statement on that page that you are *not* affiliate with Cygnus?!?
Mark Mark Mark,

By now you should know that Cygnus consists of Shawn Kelly and a monkey named Bubbles.

Now stop posting and ship me my colorfacts http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

--Les

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I now regret having posted that link.

I posted only because I was somewhat awed to see something so elaborate created for this purpose.

I never anticipated that my post would result in further disharmony.

I should have realized that with so many people waiting so long to receive this product that it would result in yet another thread of discontent.

There has been a lot of tension on this forum recently. It's causing us to be at odds with each other in a way that is not healthy.

Frankly, as the initial poster I'm afforded with the capacity to delete this thread. I'm tempted to do that but that sort of censorship is even more unhealthy. Once you open one of these cans of worms there's no good way to get the lid back on. I just hope that we will show respect for each other.

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Robert:

I suggest you pull this thread. The links to both Alan's and Rob's Panamorph sites are well known. God knows, Panamorph has been debated to death on this Forum.

Rob:

It seems to me Mark qualified his concerns once he understood your site was not affiliated with Cygnus. I really think the business of confronting Mark over his delivery time and price was out of order. If you're upset about that it should be directed to Cygnus, IMO.

I really appreciate your site and what you're trying to do and really appreciate and share your extreme annoyance with Cygnus. Having said that, I hope you'll direct your anger at the right party and not at Mark Hunter who is, in my experience, one of the most gentlemanly and generous people in this group. If I were in Cygnus' shoes and I thought I had a great product, this is the guy I'd want to get it to ASAP because he is such an opinion leader.

All:

Let's try and keep our sense of perspective here. The worst thing that can happen is some of us may lose some money. Isn't this pretty trivial in comparison to the events of recent weeks?

Dan Houck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.